Title: PMO Project Manager
Term: 6+ months, with possibility of extension
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
We are looking for an experienced Information Technology Project Manager who will be responsible for actively supporting and/or leading complex system and infrastructure projects or programs including the planning, management, and implementation of the assigned projects across the enterprise. This role will not only assist in creating critical project and program management deliverables (e.g. Project Charter, Project Plans, Critical Issues Log, Analysis, etc.), but will also be expected to support the teams in achieving priorities, goals and strategies with key stakeholders. The selected candidate will be expected to work in a fast-pace environment with high degrees of ambiguity. This position will report directly to the IT PMO.
- Solid understanding of the PMBOK framework and demonstrate the ability to plan and run projects following this methodology, tailoring it suitably as needed
- Strong skills and experience in issue resolution, influencing team members and other stakeholders,conducting difficult negotiations and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables
- Demonstrated superior understanding of business and technology organization, resources,priorities, needs and policies
- Demonstrated leadership in the implementation of complex Programs and Projects
- Experience with the Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous assignments
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite
- Ability to lead and provide guidance to technical staff to help draw insight from their past project and technical experiences
- Demonstrate a very high level of customer service and empathy to the customer while working within triple constraints
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, with Executive presence to provide status updates and prepare thorough and polished documentation for Executive level review.
- PMP or similar certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, IT or equivalent combination of education and work experience job or process improvement related role
- Minimum of 8 years progressive related experience in either a PM consulting, project management
- Experience leading with highly technical teams
- Experience leading systems configuration and/or integration completed by 3rd party vendor
- Experience conducting business analysis and writing Business Requirements Documents (BRD)
- Experience mentoring and/or training project managers
Apply to MATRIX today!