Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company thats not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 24 months
- Accountable for direct and independent management of primarily high risk/strategic projects (occasionally moderate risk) and/or participates as a member of larger effort(s) to independently manage sub-program component(s) of high complexity under the purview of a program/project leader.
- Successfully informs and influences sponsors and key stakeholders to promote success of project prioritization, senior and executive leadership through times of ambiguity, and obstacle management.
- Seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements accordingly.
- Incorporates multi-business and enterprise support operations organizational/ systems knowledge and navigation to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensures full understanding of project impacts then translates that into comprehensive engagement strategies.
- Performs all usual duties of a Project Manager in accordance with policy, methodology and artifact creation.
- This includes needs identification; resource requirements; project dependencies, planning and progression; financials management; status reporting; prolific and effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation; and appropriate escalation strategies and implementation.
- Incorporates regular and appropriate consultation with executive leadership, sponsors, business and other stakeholders to validate project trajectory and project performance feedback.
- Ensures that Risk Controls are met.
- Provides performance feedback to managers of project team members.
- Regularly coaches other project managers or project coordinators, including matrix management.
- May at times be assigned as a program leader.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, project delivery, project methodologies, digital product/program management, strategic planning or implementation
- Financial forecasting and management is a must
- Ability to work autonomously, solving complex problems in an ambiguous environment
- Business acumen and understanding of business drivers and issues surrounding a project
- Extensive breadth of experience delivering complex programs within budget and scope
- Expert knowledge of software development life cycles and Project Management methodologies and tools, specifically MS Project and Clarity
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus with various stakeholder groups
- Resource planning and management acumen
- Strong issue resolution and risk management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including with executive management
- Excellent presentation skills
- MS Office Suite with extensive Project, Excel, and PowerPoint skills