Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Project Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19102
Term: 6 months (5/21/2021 to 11/30/2021)
- Visits all assigned projects weekly as required.
- Reviews project plans, specifications, budget and schedule for all assigned projects. Assists the
- Project Manager in management of budget.
- Helps track and obtain required approvals, permits and Certificate of Occupancy for the project.
- Supports PM by monitoring construction budget and records for each project.
- Coordinates with contractors, suppliers and vendors. Assists in the resolution of contractual disputes and problems.
- Reviews directives and change order proposals and monitors timely response.
- Receive, review and approve applications for payment for site work and building construction.
- Assists Project Manager in closeout of contracts.
- Ensures the contractors receive all construction materials, equipment and fixtures and that they; inspect for damage; reconcile quantities received with purchase orders; and submit reports to Headquarters per established procedures.
- Manages contractors, vendors, and installers to ensure that the work is accurate, complete, in compliance with the plans, and conforms to Construction’s quality standards.
- Inspects General Contractor Quality Control programs.
- Provides contractor, consultant and vendor performance feedback to appropriate HQ teams.
- Assist in the development of schedules. Manages all construction progress and directs recovery action as appropriate to ensure all work is finished within the Project Schedule as established by Project Team.
- Manages change, solves and/or communicates problems to the Project team, and answers questions or makes interpretations concerning the work in the client’s best interest.
- Ensures construction punch lists are accurate, and the contractor aggressively manages their completion.
- Communicates open issues to project teams. Follows up to ensure prompt resolution.
- Provides construction Turnover Package to Store Operations and Property Management in accordance with Construction Division process for each site.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Proven ability to coach and mentor people.
- Expert ability to interpret engineering documents, evaluate construction estimates, and prepare required construction reports, schedules, etc.
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office 365 including One Drive, SharePoint, and Teams
- Knowledge of and familiarity with SmartSheets and Procore
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Skype & Zoom, i.e., how to initiate call, chat, share screen.
- High level of comfort learning new software platforms' web based, mobile & desktop.
- Attitude of resourcefulness in terms of searching for solutions and ensuring daily tasks are being executed efficiently.
- Ten years of on'site construction management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High School Graduate.
- Requires extensive travel
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!