This Carrollton, TX - based leading employer has an immediate 4 month contract-to-hire opportunity for a Project Manager. Will be responsible for the management of Information Technology related projects with high complexity and impact across the enterprise with general supervision. Will be responsible for ensuring adherence to established project management methodologies for acquisition, development, testing and implementation of information systems. Requires specific technical knowledge to plan, organize and control resources and timing for a technical process or project.
Office hours will be:
- Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Friday 7:30am – 11:30am
• Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, risk assessments, and status reports.
• Determine budget requirements for projects and monitor progress throughout the life of the project against the approved funding.
• Provide technical and analytical guidance to the project team and business teams when required.
• Ensure adherence to quality standards and review of project deliverables.
• Analyze and document existing business processes and requirements of project-sponsoring department within the organization.
• Manage the integration of vendor/third-party tasks by tracking and reviewing vendor deliverables.
• Establish and maintain standard project documentation and planning for all phases of a project.
• Provide stage-gate reviews of project deliverables with project teams and executive leadership when required.
• Interfaces with internal Business Analysts, Technical Personnel, and Management to assess and determine resource requirements and resolve conflicts.
• Defines standards for Project Management documentation, measurements, and reporting.
• Assist in establishing specific organizational change practices as they relate to project management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Project Management concepts, deliverables, and techniques
• Skilled in delivery of technical software solutions using standard PMBOK methodology
• Skilled with Asana and Jira Service Management
• Skilled in producing project tracking documentation
• Skilled in conflict resolution
• Exceptional organization skills and ability to multi-task
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level
• Skilled in IT implementation projects both on-premise and cloud-based
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio
• Ability to manage hardware, software, and business process projects
• Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to motivate teams to high performance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or related field of study
• 5 years progressive experience in IT Project Management field
• Security+ certification or equivalent upon management approval within 6 months of employment
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or ability to obtain within 12 months of employment
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Texas driver’s license?
• ITIL Certification
• Demonstrated experience with Agile, Lean, Waterfall methodologies
• Digital Agile Scrum Master (DASM) certification
• Public sector or municipality work experience
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must pass pre-employment drug test
• Must pass criminal history check
• Must pass motor vehicle records check