Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Project Manager
Term: 2 months
- Lead multiple Information Technology (IT) projects in support of the other departments, the project manager will a certain methodology (and required deliverables), and utilize the certain Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) too, to perform project planning through project closeout.
- Advanced experience managing programs of projects, complex projects or multiple projects. Demonstrated and advanced understanding of project management methodologies.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams.
- Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework.
- Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor. Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics. Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities.
- Documents risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Manages scope.
- Creates and implements a communication plan.
- Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes.
- Negotiates resources.
- Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor.
- Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Handles complex application features and technical designs.
- Designs and implements the components required for complex application features.
- Generally manages a group of applications system analysts.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Professional certification is highly desirable.
- Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project. Exercises management responsibility over the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts.
- Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency.
- Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
- Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions, and monitors their performance. Self-directed and independent.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
- Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 years of experience as a Project Manager.
- May require specific PC, workstation, operating system, application or platform skills.
- Solid skills in project management utilizing a formal project management methodology.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical terminology at levels appropriate to the audience both orally and in writing.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, tracking, issue/risk management, and status reporting.
- Experience developing Project Charter, Project Communication Plan, Risk/Issue Plan, Resource Plan and definition of budget estimates.
- Solid skills in project scheduling utilizing a project scheduling tool such as MS Project.
- Experience managing projects utilizing Agile Scrum.
- Experience with PPM tool like Clarity.
Even better if you have:
- Project Management Professional certification from PMI.
- State of Michigan SUITE experience or comparable methodologies.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!