Position: Project Manager
Term: 5 Months
As part the Business PMO, lead cross functional teams to implement strategic initiatives within Distribution services, and across the enterprise. Responsible for creating, organizing, and managing project plans with internal and external resources, resolving roadblocks for workstream leads, ensuring internal policy and regulatory compliance, and communicating progress to management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates timely and concise communications to functional and executive leadership regarding project status and pending issues.
- Helps manage the planning and ensuring the effective execution of various initiatives within the respective functional and operational area.
- Assists in the development, refinement, validation or ensures completion of all project work plans; manages various work plans to ensure project commitments are met - on time and within budget.
- Develops and executes a communication plan for project status across the organization, including leadership updates.
- Supports teams in order to build consensus among multiple process leads relative to project scope, task execution, staffing and issue resolution.
- Coordinates with various work teams to ensure functional requirements are reflected in final solution.
- Provides support as required to the project management staff; leads project teams by developing work plans within guidelines and monitoring progress on project milestones.
- Analyzes processes and makes recommendations for improving efficiency, resulting in expense reduction in projects.
- Interacts with project sponsors, stakeholders and various project members to ensure that specified business needs are met; assists in the post-implementation analysis to ensure that requirements are fulfilled.
- In alignment with the Company's growth and direction, provides overall support in order to manage the development of budgets, controls and measurements to monitor progress.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Normally requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a masters degree program
- Requires a minimum of six (6) years related and progressively responsible experience; must have prior PMO experience.
- PMP required
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; interacts with all levels of associates and management within the organization
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes and technology
- Ability to organize, plan, and implement projects of various size and scope
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of computers to operative effectively with PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook, MS Project, or similar project management software