Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Project Manager
Location: Lansing, MI 48933
Term: 2 Months
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams. Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework.
- Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor.
- Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics. Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities.
- Documents risks and develops mitigation plans. Manages scope.
- Creates and implements a communication plan.
- Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes.
- Negotiates resources. Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor.
- Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
- Provides technical support to project team members. Handles complex application features and technical designs.
- Designs and implements the components required for complex application features.
- Generally manages a group of applications system analysts.
- Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project. Exercises management responsibility over the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts.
- Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency.
- Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
- Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions, and monitors their performance. Self-directed and independent.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience and documented/proven positive track record with vendor management (contract management, soft skills with vendor team, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience and proven delivery of large projects over $5 million.
- 5+ years of experience with Request for Proposals (RFPs), assuming the role from readiness through completion of the project.
- 5+ years of experience managing a large project team.
- Proven experience working in a large development area.
Even better if you have:
- 3+ years of experience and depth understanding of scrum agile processes/ceremonies and be able to jump into a scrum master role.
- Experience working for the State of Michigan.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!