Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Project Manager
Location: Des Moines, IA
Term: 9 months (4/6/2021 to 12/31/2021)
- Provide onsite move management support at our client’s building locations in relation to their Return To Office (RTO) efforts.
- This position requires onsite presence to oversee and manage third party move vendors.
- Actively walk floors on a daily basis to inventory existing work stations, seating locations, technology equipment availability. Includes procuring and hanging move signage at each work station, supervision of move vendor packing efforts, maintaining employee move matrix and daily reporting to client identified project leader.
- Successful applicant will be required to commute to client identified site’s as required to perform move services support as described above.
- Ability to work with our client’s line of business leaders, security vendors and 3rd party vendors as necessary.
- Additional move support services maybe required in support of our clients Return to Office efforts.
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed.
- Facilitates project meetings. Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements.
- Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines.
- Reports status and variances.
- Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders.
- Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
- Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team.
- Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study.
- Minimum four years of related experience and/or training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!