Title: Project Manager
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Type: Contract to hire
This position is responsible and accountable for the effective and efficient project management and implementation of large and complex business systems and processes requiring in depth specialized knowledge. Responsibilities include collaborating with the business sponsor, develops and executes full comprehensive project plans that embrace best practices, including but not limited to scope and risk management, change management, quality management, effective communication plans, requirements management, and securing all necessary resources needed to achieve the project objectives.
- Plans, documents and executes all phases of the project lifecycle, including scope management, cost management, resource management, requirements management, work breakdown schedule and timeline management, priority and dependency management, project integration planning, vendor management, and the assignment of roles and responsibilities.
- Develops detailed work breakdown schedules, project estimates, and resource plans that support scope and risk management.
- Conducts and facilitates effective project meetings, including issue tracking, status reports, and executive communications. Implements change, quality and performance management processes to control scope and monitor project progress.
- Oversees escalated issues and activates crisis management as required.
- Acts as an advocate for the business, by providing first class service through expert development of the project management discipline.
- Lends subject matter expertise and knowledge management to the project team and stakeholders and ensures customer satisfaction through quality and timely product delivery; communicates project objectives to all team members involved.
- Promotes change, process, and best practices to both the business and technical team members, providing training for the project management discipline.
- Leads the project team on development efforts and lends both functional and technical system-specific knowledge throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provides advice and guidance to less experienced staff and resolves escalated complex issues/problems.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate business processes and recommend effective solutions.
- Advanced organizational/time management and project management skills and multi- tasking abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of project development life cycle, including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple complex projects.
- Knowledge of products, policies, claims, eligibility and underwriting guidelines.
- Ability to coordinate issues identification and resolution between clients and the development team.
- Expert knowledge of project development life cycles, including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to lead and supervise others if required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 7 years related experience.