Successful logistics firm located in downtown Atlanta seeking a seasoned Project Manager for their growing client base. Must have at least 5+ years of external facing Application Development Project Management experience in an Agile environment.
The Project Manager will have the primary responsibility of overseeing projects to ensure they are completed on time, within scope and budget while ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. This position will also guide internal and externally facing projects from inception to completion which include planning and designating project resources, preparing budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed throughout planning, design and execution phases of projects. This is all done within the confines of a company's goals, vision and project management processes.
This role consists of the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of the client's App Dev projects.
The primary duty is the application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Manage all aspects of customer and internal software/system development projects, as the main point of contact with clients. Create a seamless transition from project initiation to implementation and support including defining project scope and objectives
- Under general direction of the Project Management Office, manages cross-functional projects that require creating and managing project plans, project task lists, tracking project costs/timelines, maintaining issues logs, and driving the successful completion of tasks by both internal and customer resources
- Lead simultaneous customer projects while predicting resources needed to reach objectives and proactively managing project resources and deliverables to ensure that engagements are completed on time and within budget
- Establish and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, commercial team and work teams to ensure the successful delivery of products, including providing regular status reports to management and customer team
- Work with customers and Product Management to identify the need for system enhancements or change requests to meet project objectives while keeping the project scope on track
- Verify and report system issues, providing early warning problem detection on issues that impact our customer base
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution, measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- 5+ years’ experience as the Project Leader on Technology based projects
- 3+ years’ experience as the primary Project Manager interfacing with external customer project teams and strong analytical skills.
- 3+ years’ experience with software development within the Agile Framework
- Background in information technology with a focus on web application development
- Excellent Communication skills: writing, speaking, presenting and listening
- Teamwork – can effectively lead and support diverse resource teams and deliver projects on-time.
- Highly organized with advanced problem-solving skills
- Solid Excel, Word, Outlook, SFDC and MS Project or SmartSheet experience
- Project management expertise and technical/business skills and can effectively translate project requirements into sound business solutions and deliver those solutions within required timeline
- Experience in the transportation industry including understanding of Supply Chain Logistics, Rail or Trucking Transportation, and SaaS
- Experience with customers using SAP
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master certification (CSM)
- Ability to travel ~15%