The successful candidate will act as the Project Manager for a matrix team of software engineers, hardware engineers, system integration engineers, and business development personnel to manage projects and pursuit and order capture for multi-million-dollar security system programs.
- Manage fixed duration projects from $1M to $5M.
- Provide team management for new business proposals, including:
- Develop Proposal Plan & Schedule
- Work with internal teams on contract and pricing strategy.
- Schedule Status Calls & Touchpoints
- Interface with Business Support services
- Develop project execution strategy and project work breakdown structure
- Draft Initial Project Management Plan
- Participate in the design and delivery of large security system implementations
- Adhere to all Collins Aerospace specific PM policies as well as follow generally accepted PMI project principals in the management and technical support of network based physical Security System projects.
- Manage the financials (P&L) for the project including financial management of subcontractors.
- Project Lead and / or liaison between customers and subcontractors.
- Occasional travel may be required for site meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree eight years of related experience.
- US Citizen or Permanent Residence required, due to restricted facility access. Candidate may need to obtain a security clearance.
- Five (5) or more years of related experience in Project Management.
- Working knowledge and experience with project management processes.
- Experience in managing projects with multiple internal & external stakeholders.
- Experience with fixed price programs with short duration (6 - 18 month delivery) technical system projects, including networking equipment, cameras, access control, and Command and Control platforms.
- Experience estimating fixed price security system projects
- Experience managing software and / or hardware technologies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project and office suite
Key skills for success:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with others in a matrix organization and successfully coordinate with and support internal and external customers.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly, and work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and display viable problem-solving skills.