Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Project Manager
Location: Chesterfield, VA 23832
Term: 5 months
- Provide superior customer service through good execution, a caring attitude, and a sense of urgency based off of customer and sponsor project priorities.
- Involves business representatives to ensures that the technical solutions being developed are in line with the business needs and articulated appropriately to satisfy the needs of the business
- Understands the role of business process as described by business representatives that inform solution requirements.
- Actively work to build knowledge and understanding of business department technology direction, strategy, operations and products/services
- Aware of how requirements, testing, and defect management can affect project quality and schedule. Understands the importance of satisfying user needs through effective project governance of these activities.
- Understands the role of business process definition to inform requirements elaboration in project management and software development.
- Can apply basic techniques to capture business process flow using standard RASCI model templates and interviewing with basic templates from the IST Project Management Office.
- Proactively seeks recommendations from IST leads or Project Management Office for project analysis tools and environments to be in place to execute the approved process analysis strategies.
- Able to apply analytical and estimating techniques in Microsoft Excel as needed in order to assemble, propose, and quantify business cases and process improvement costs if encountered. Proactively seeks guidance to assemble figures when guidance is needed.
- Comfortable pursuing decisions from customer and sponsor as actions are required to advance the project. Possesses knowledge and understanding of decision-making processes sufficient to prioritize and bring closure matters affecting achievement of project scope - IT objectives and business plans.
- Seeks timely, efficient, and proactive solutions that support business needs. Accumulates the input of business and IT leads to present relative costs and benefits of potential actions for project leadership to decide the most appropriate path to pursue.
- Ability to work with data to identify patterns & trends; uses judgment to present conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom.
- Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation of planning, scheduling and executing among peers. Actively works to promote an engaging, healthy, & trustworthy environment.
- Creates & sustains relationships and builds trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adapts to new and different environments. Ability to be flexible & accepting of business strategic, tactical, & organizational changes
- Self-directs work through goal setting, time management, and planning. Follows defined process steps, but also able to design practices, processes, procedures, and systems to simplify work and use resources efficiently. Continually seeks opportunities to improve processes & work solutions that impact efficiency & results.
- Pursues knowledge and understanding of county practices, political, regulatory, environment within the local government.
- Conveys information to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in a way that is easily understood and actionable
- Adept at using PM tools and applies the rights ones to fit the defined need. Understands, adheres to, and uses fundamentals of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) tools, documentation, techniques and lifecycle. Applies appropriate control methods related to cost, risk, schedule, quality, and scope under guidance of the IST Project Management Office.
- Understands the basic principles of software development lifecycle and the implications they have for project planning and execution. Understands primary concepts for how technology is architected, designed, tested and deployed.
- Ability to do detailed planning for projects and programs, from the highest level down to the task level. Able to estimate and forecast effort, cost, impacts with guidance of the IST project lead or project management office as needed and own adjustment of plans during the course of project execution.
- Able to evaluate available data and provide specific reporting on elements of project and program execution across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Manages and tracks vendor issues to resolution. Assists as needed in definition, informing negotiation points with Purchasing Office contract officer, and conflict resolution within IST, with business customer, and vendors.
- Able to apply analytical and estimating in order to assemble, propose, and track project costs and maintain project change control log. Monitors project costs closely during execution and applies inquiry and corrective action techniques to control them.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- PMP or CAPM certification required.
- 2+ years of prior Project Management experience.
- 3+ years of experience with requirements tracking.
- 3+ years of experience with business process definition.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!