Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Project Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia 30320
Term: 4 months
Department of Aviation is seeking a Project Manager
General Description and Classification StandardsTo obtain highly skilled Senior Project Manager who is very strategic in carrying out their PM functions and task to ensure successful delivery and project expectations. The PM will be responsible for managing projects from the Concept to the Close Out phase. This includes actively being engaged and managing the development of projects through the life cycle process. Deliverables working with key executive leadership and technical managers on scope definition, concise project plans, clearly baselined MS Project schedules from WBS sessions and project management ownership, risk management and awareness, highly skilled tactical practices for managing project activities to eliminate time waste, paper load and ensure that all clear the path items are escalated timely to keep the project on track, within budget and scope.
- Conduct Project Team meetings for each project. Ensure the customers’ requirements and concerns are addressed and remedied according to the project Life Cycle process; this position will also prepare meeting minutes and ensure action items are assigned to team members as indicated in the project meetings for timely resolution. The project manager leads the project with passion, as if it was his or her own business.
- Performs Project Tracking: Prepares, maintains and submits clear & concise activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports. The PM applies this proactive approach in routinely tracking the project members’ progress against project commitments. Ensuring weekly status report is presented as expected, exhibiting highly proficient skills in presenting to different levels of Management and leadership. This includes but not limited to, issues that requires escalation to management, highlighting dependencies between projects, and advising of resource issues that may affect the completion of the project.
- Ensuring that budget deliverables and services are verified by Technical Manager to avoid overruns, resolving project issues by seeking directions from Technical Manager, involving the subject matter experts, customers, as required facilitating active management scope of the project.
- Develop detailed schedules for each project based on our Life Cycle model. Facilitate the inclusion of each project schedule into the overall AIM-AVS Work Plan. Also includes identification of Quality Gate activities for each project that will ensure a quality product is delivered to the customer.
- Prepare and archive the Close Out documentation (Lessons Learned, etc.) and the Operations Handover documentation for delivery of the project to Technical Services and Application Services for Operational support.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the development of Project Plans, Quality Assurance, Risk Assessments, and Project Scope definition is required. Effectively tasks and duties are delegated and assigned to the project team, and ensures assignments are completed.
- Requires a BS in a related field, computer science, information technology, etc. or 10 years of experience in the IT industry, with previous experience of large project size and/or complexity as Project Manager.
- The mental capacity for multiple project comprehension is mandatory.
- Effective and efficient communicator. Must have the ability to be able to read and understand all types of PM and associated contract documents.
- Requires the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the work of multiple activities at the same time.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan projects and jobs, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must be a dynamic individual who is client-oriented while keeping the company’s interests in mind.
- Must be able to pass company drug tests and comply with company drug policies.
- Normal work hours range from 8:15am to 5pm, five days per week.
- Occasionally, early morning, after hours, and weekend commitments may be necessary, onsite work required as expected.