Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Project Manager
Location: Richmond Virginia 23219
Term: 6 Months
- Provide technical assistance to 12 PMs in the use of MS Project and specifically to manage resource allocation for individual projects, understand, monitor, and maintain individual team capacity/demand in the context of the larger agency resource pool (including regular forecasting).
- Perform all project resource assignments for the teams, performing project standard execution reviews, performing project health checks, and execute project stage gates according to the standard project delivery framework.
- Monitor team performance metrics, assist PMs with escalations when critical milestones are not met. Design and develop the project work breakdown structure templates and establish appropriate management controls to ensure successful project delivery.
- Define resources and the schedule for the implementation of the project.
- Detect and solve project issues effectively.
- Recognize areas for internal improvement and developing plans for implementing them.
- Ensure all the measures comply with agency standards and procedures.
- Serve as single point of contact for MS Project issues / questions.
- Provide fast and useful technical assistance on projects.
- Answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of substantial IT Project Management experience, or relevant business or team leadership.
- 8+ years of experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
- 8+ years of proven experience keeping projects on time and within budget.
- 3+ years of MS Project 2016 Online experience.
- Ability to present metrics to key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate orally and in writing - across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!