Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is one of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies. Come be a part of how digitalization, globalization, urbanization, demographic change, and climate change are transforming our world.
Position: Project Engineer
Location: Olean New York 14760
Term: 2 months
- Review all project specifications and ensure requirements are communicated, understood, and incorporated by other engineering/manufacturing disciplines and appropriate sub-vendors.
- Assist in preparation for project coordination meetings, including specifications, discussion of requirements, scope of equipment supply, equipment arrangement, options offered, and drawing/documentation schedules.
- Effectively monitor engineering schedules and communicate any potential impact to cost, cash flow or delivery to project manager.
- Prepare timely drive train and selected ancillaries equipment technical purchase specifications for major buyouts, and assist purchasing in vendor selection, if required. Instruct the drafting department with respect to equipment layout and customer requirements.
- Review and approve all Dresser-Rand customer issue drawings for compliance with project requirements prior to issue.
- Review customer returned comments and provide direction. Review major buyout vendor drawings for compliance with project requirements.
- Approve as applicable and return to vendor in accordance with schedule. Establish engineering schedule and provide support groups with both direction and the necessary input data to effectively complete design requirements.
- Supports Project Manager for all technical aspects of the project as needed to address the needs of the external customer (client) and the internal customer.
- Provide leadership to the project .technical team to ensure project deliverables and milestones are met.
- Required to finalize the scope of supply of all equipment purchased by our client; to place major buyout equipment on order, translate customer requirements into Dresser-Rand documentation for the purpose of project execution.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of various engineering groups to ensure contract specifications / requirements are met and are consistent with established price and delivery requirements.
- Provide technical support and warranty account administration for equipment supplied by Dresser-Rand Olean from the time of shipment through the warranty period.
- Prepare and issue a timely, complete, and concise job file.
- Complete and issue applicable contract specifications, which contain all pertinent information needed to define the compressor / steam turbine and/or gas turbine and related equipment to the organization.
- Obtain and monitor major buyout costs, drawing schedule and delivery requirements.
- Ensure timely resolution / response to client questions.
- Lead and provide timely resolution for all internal technical issues.
- Coordinate all interfaces between engineering departments / customer and engineering departments / vendor(s).
- Manage internal engineering progress and vendor progress by timely revisions to job file and purchase technical specifications.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerodynamic, or equivalent degrees from an ABET accredited college/university will be considered).
- Experience in project engineering of technologically advanced rotating equipment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and individually with the same enthusiasm and intensity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Possess and demonstrate a high degree of tact and professionalism; and be capable of interacting with Management, Peers, Shop Personnel, and Clients.
- High attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Solid computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-Point) and basic 2D/3D CAD.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally with short notice (estimated 10-20% travel).
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- Knowledge and understanding of Siemens / Dresser-Rand’s products and services.
- Experience working with rotating machinery / turbo-machinery such as centrifugal/radial compressors, axial compressors, expanders.
- Experience working for a major rotating equipment supplier, machinery reliability engineer, and/or EPC.
- Familiarity and experience with industry standards such as ASME and API.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!