Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: San Diego, CA, 92122
Term: 8 months (4/28/2021 - 12/31/2021)
- Oversees and manages project documentation and coordinates documentation revisions and distributions.
- Prepares standard project status reports for project delivery team or work group, client and management. Reports typically include: status update, budget, schedule and risk.
- Coordinates and schedules meeting and communication plan(s) regarding projects among team and/or client. Coordinates and obtains vendor quotations for processing. Coordinates change orders, change directives (CD) and contemplative change notices (CCN) with consultants and vendors. Contract administration, including attending tender openings and recording results, issuing letters of acceptance and regret, updating tender tracking log, setting up tender opening dates and inviting tender participants.
- Enters project information data (i.e. project status updates, schedule updates, cash flow forecasts) and project documentation into project management technology tools (software applications, web-based tools, job cost accounting tools).
- Processes documentation for project commitments (i.e. Agreements, Contracts, Work Authorizations, Purchase Orders).
- Prepares and reviews invoices and pay applications for processing in accordance with compliance requirements as per established governance of clients.
- Acts as a point of contact for escalated matters among the team.
- Assists in project close-out procedures for all projects including: arranging archiving of hard copy files; receipts of necessary close out/turnover documents; compliance with close-out checklist; coordination of lien searches; receipt of occupancy and closed building permits and warranty manuals; receipt of As built and CAD drawings for submission to CAFM; and, collection of required documents for project audit. Assists Project Manager in maintaining project metrics for SLA & KPI's.
- Assists with project administration deliverables (i.e. meeting minutes; budget tracking; schedule updates; move management; closeout).
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Associate's Degree (AA/AS) , College Diploma in Architecture or Engineering Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year(s) of related experience.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires basic analytical skills.
- Intermediate skills with project management software and Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks as assigned.