Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Programmer Analyst
Location: Lansing, MI 48933
Term: 2 months
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Evaluates user request for new or modified program, such as for financial or human resource management systems, clinical research trial results, statistical study of traffic patterns, or analyzing and developing specifications for bridge design, to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
- Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using methodologies such as structured analysis and design or object-oriented development.
- Work involves assisting in analyzing systems outlines to develop programs for computer applications, writing solution programs, documenting the methods and procedures used in program development, and testing and correcting programs. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Develops block diagrams and machine logic flowcharts to represent operations and data flow for applications.
- Captures requirements using industry standard development frameworks and tools.
- Designs reports, forms and letters along with computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request.
- Reviews screens, reports, forms and letters designs with users.
- Converts project specifications, using industry standard tools, such as object-oriented tools and code generation, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Enters program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program. Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors. Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors. Analyzes, reviews and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Assists users to solve operating problems. Recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors. May use computer-aided software tools in each stage of system development. May train users to use program.
- May oversee installation of hardware and software. May provide technical assistance to program users. May install and test program at user site.
- May monitor performance of program after implementation. May specialize in developing programs for business or technical applications.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of experience in the IT Profession.
- 6+ years of experience as ASP.NET application developer.
- 6+ years of experience developing systems with Microsoft SQL Server database.
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL.
- 3+ years of experience in C# development skills.
- 3+ years of HTML experience.
- 3+ years of experience with CSSS 3 or higher.
Even better if you have:
- 2+ years of experience developing API / WCF Web Services.
- 1+ year of experience in .NET Core.
- 1+ year of experience with source code repository and work item tracking. Eg. (TFS, Microsoft’s DevOps, GitHub).
- 1+ year of AGILE Software Development Lifecycle experience.
- 1+ year of experience with Microsoft's SSRS or Power BI software.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!