Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Programmer Analyst
Location: Lansing, MI 48913
Term: 2 months
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Evaluates user request for new or modified program, such as for financial or human resource management systems, clinical research trial results, statistical study of traffic patterns, or analyzing and developing specifications for bridge design, to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
- Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using methodologies such as structured analysis and design or object-oriented development.
- Work involves assisting in analyzing systems outlines to develop programs for computer applications, writing solution programs, documenting the methods and procedures used in program development, and testing and correcting programs.
- Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Develops block diagrams and machine logic flowcharts to represent operations and data flow for applications.
- Captures requirements using industry standard development frameworks and tools.
- Designs reports, forms and letters along with computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request.
- Reviews screens, reports, forms and letters designs with users.
- Converts project specifications, using industry standard tools, such as object-oriented tools and code generation, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Enters program codes into computer system.
- Enters commands into computer to run and test program.
- Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors.
- Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors.
- Analyzes, reviews and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assists users to solve operating problems.
- Recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors.
- May use computer-aided software tools in each stage of system development.
- May train users to use program.
- May oversee installation of hardware and software.
- May provide technical assistance to program users.
- May install and test program at user site.
- May monitor performance of program after implementation.
- May specialize in developing programs for business or technical applications.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 6+ years of senior level .NET development experience.
- 6+ years of experience developing systems with Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle
- 6+ years of experience with C#.
- 5+ years of experience with web usability design standards.
- 5+ years of experience with report development tools.
- Good oral and written communication skills, with ability to organize and present information to both IT and client staff.
- 4+ years of Responsive design application development experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines and diagnose and resolve complex problems quickly in a team environment.
- 4+ years of experience with gathering and organizing requirements for IT solutions.
- 4+ years of experience documenting IT solutions.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile development life cycle.
- 2+ years of experience with ADA Section 508 accessibility software testing, such as JAWS reader software.
Even better if you have:
- 2+ years of experience with Java Development Kit (JDK), Eclipse IDE, Apache Tomcat server, and ZK Studio Framework.
- 4+ years of experience senior level JAVA development experience.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!