Title: Project Manager or Project Manager
Our client, a leading insurance provider, is seeking a Program/Project Management Lead.
Purpose of Job
- Facilitates and leads the execution and delivery of moderately to highly complex non-IT work efforts intended to accomplish business goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Demonstrates an expert understanding of how activities contribute to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, vendors and project/program teams to identify mutually beneficial outcomes for competing priorities and negotiate timelines to ensure objectives are met.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Drives implementation of moderately to highly complex work typically requiring confidentiality and enterprise-level visibility to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and resources to achieve program and milestones within established timeframes.
- Manages risk by using established risk management practices to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and costs, in adherence with risk management framework.
- Accountable for planning, directing and coordinating activities for moderately complex and work efforts to accomplish goals and objectives within a specified timeframe, scope and budget.
- Ensures consistent visibility for teams by monitoring and reporting business objectives, work efforts achievements, and key indicators.
- Communicates with work efforts stakeholders and executive/senior management and provides insight on issues through root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to project challenges with subject matter experts.
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and operational objectives are met.
- Develops, tracks and oversees project budgets that may include necessary capital expenditures, operational expenses, and labor funding requirements.
- Manages ambiguity and consistently seeks to drive clarity amongst project stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Defines the control and the overall delivery of the work efforts to meet the goals, objectives and success criteria.
- Establishes overall cadence for communication with impacted stakeholders, and provides framework for underlying work efforts(s) communication plans.
- Identifies and determines interdependencies of work within a work effort.
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine benefit / business impact realization to include retrospective management.
- Proactively manages risk by using work efforts management practices to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and cost and supports escalation to resolve.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards, tools and templates (as required).
- Drives adoption and challenges standards. Leads subject matter experts.
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the organization in compliance with USAA’s Change Management framework.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- ???????8 years of relevant experience in project or program management, including planning, tracking and delivery
- Expert knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Experience on project and program management and execution experience delivering complex work efforts working with recognized program and/or project methodologies (i.e. Waterfall and Agile).
- Collaboration skills in a matrixed environment including providing consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level issues.
- Extensive experience leading complex projects with significant number of deliverables including information technology and dependencies across organization; working within defined scope and budgets with aggressive timelines.
- Extensive understanding of risk management policies and procedures.
- Experience with strategic planning, financials and identification of key portfolio dependencies
- ???????Familiar with EPMO controls and required adherence
- Ability to identify, drive and meet outcomes, key results and goals