Position: Program Manager
Location: Remote to US
Term: 12 weeks
Target Pay Rate: $64.00/hr
- Manages multiple business and/or technology programs or a large complex projects that may have multiple phases and deployments.
- Programs and complex projects may involve participation from and have impact on multiple functions across the enterprise, technologies, vendors, and brand partners.
- Establishes overall program structure and leads program governance structure.
- Develops and maintains program budget, including tracking actuals against forecast, and remaining within Enterprise guidelines for variance.
- In collaboration with Resource Management and program stakeholders, develops, manages, and maintains program resource plan, including any need for external contractors.
- Ensures that all projects and work streams within a program are effectively managed.
- Responsible for working with projects managers within the program to resolve issues and roadblocks, as well as collaborating on executive level escalations.
- Create and oversees program and work stream status reporting structure and program level communication plan.
- Identifies, oversees, and delegates, as appropriate, management on cross project and intra-program dependencies.
- Responsible for managing the integration of program work stream deliverables.
- Works with project stakeholders and work stream project managers to ensure business as usual plans are defined for post-program delivery.
- Serves as a mentor and advisor to project managers on projects and programs.
- Conducts the formal and informal training of EPMO associates and project team members.
- Mentors less experienced project managers on Company project management standards and business practices.
- Conducts assessments of troubled projects or programs as requested by leaders.
- May be asked to take over a troubled project or program with the goal of ensuring project or program success.
- Coaches project team members to clarify assignments and deliverables.
- Responsible for identifying conflicts, negotiating and influencing resolution, and escalating appropriately as necessary to remove roadblocks to successful program execution.
- Leads strategic discussions and makes informed recommendations to facilitate decision making.
- Responsible for executive level communication via governance meetings, status updates, and escalations.
- Proactively identifies, manages and develops contingency plans for critical issues or risks that may impact the success of the project.
- Establishes lessons learned best practices for program.
- Creates or leads the creation of best practice documentation around new and undefined processes and contributes to process improvement initiatives to improve program and project delivery.
- Participates in and or drives vendor selection and proposals for evaluation by appropriate stakeholders as required by project scope.
- Defines statement of work and specifications for requested vendor services.
- Responsible for managing vendor performance and deliverables across work streams.
Direct Reports: Will lead resources in a matrixed environment
- Eight or more years of experience in a formal project management role with proven examples of leading complex projects through all phases of the Project Life Cycle in either services, software development or information technology.
- Five or more years of experience leading complex and/or strategic programs through all phases.
- Masters in Business, Computer Science, or other MS/MA
- Certification: PMP
- Ten or more years of experience in a formal project management role leading complex projects through all phases of the Project Life Cycle.
- Three or more years of experience leading complex and/or strategic programs through all phases.
- Two or more years of experience leading people.
- Experience in financial services, information technology, software development or information technology