Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Program Manager
Location: Columbus, OH
Term: 7 months
The EPMO works with all areas of the business to take projects from conception to implementation. The Program Manager leads and implements large scale, complex programs that are enterprise-wide strategic initiatives or initiatives with multiple work streams. The Program Manager may also lead multiple complex projects as needed. The scope of these programs typically involves both technical and business deliverables. This role is responsible for managing cross functional program and project teams, interdependencies across projects and work streams, identifying critical high pay-off strategies and prioritizing project efforts accordingly.
This role requires strong business acumen, the ability to oversee both technical and non-technical efforts as well as expert level knowledge of project management methodology and tools. Requires strong written and verbal communication skills to manage communication to all levels within the organization, including Executive and Senior Leadership. Proactively reviews current program resource needs against future needs and provides performance feedback to team members’ direct managers. Responsible for overseeing / managing Project Managers who lead work streams or projects within the program.
Essential Job Functions
- Program Management- Manages multiple business and/or technology programs or a large complex projects that may have multiple phases and deployments. Programs and complex projects may involve participation from and have impact on multiple functions across the enterprise, technologies, vendors, and brand partners. Establishes overall program structure and leads program governance structure. Develops and maintains program budget, including tracking actuals against forecast, and remaining within Enterprise guidelines for variance. In collaboration with Resource Management and program stakeholders, develops, manages, and maintains program resource plan, including any need for external contractors. Ensures that all projects and work streams within a program are effectively managed. Responsible for working with projects managers within the program to resolve issues and roadblocks, as well as collaborating on executive level escalations. Create and oversees program and work stream status reporting structure and program level communication plan. Identifies, oversees, and delegates, as appropriate, management on cross project and intra-program dependencies. Responsible for managing the integration of program work stream deliverables. Works with project stakeholders and work stream project managers to ensure business as usual plans are defined for post-program delivery.
- Leadership- Serves as a mentor and advisor to project managers on projects and programs. Conducts the formal and informal training of EPMO associates and project team members. Mentors less experienced project managers on project management standards and business practices. Conducts assessments of troubled projects or programs as requested by leaders. May be asked to take over a troubled project or program with the goal of ensuring project or program success.
- Stakeholder management- Coaches project team members to clarify assignments and deliverables. Responsible for identifying conflicts, negotiating and influencing resolution, and escalating appropriately as necessary to remove roadblocks to successful program execution. Leads strategic discussions and makes informed recommendations to facilitate decision making. Responsible for executive level communication via governance meetings, status updates, and escalations.
- Process improvement- Proactively identifies, manages and develops contingency plans for critical issues or risks that may impact the success of the project. Establishes lessons learned best practices for program. Creates or leads the creation of best practice documentation around new and undefined processes and contributes to process improvement initiatives to improve program and project delivery.
- Vendor Management- Participates in and or drives vendor selection and proposals for evaluation by appropriate stakeholders as required by project scope. Defines statement of work and specifications for requested vendor services. Responsible for managing vendor performance and deliverables across work streams.
- Reports to: Sr. Manager, Project Management or Director, EPMO
- Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements: Normal office environment, some travel may be required.
- Direct Reports: Will lead resources in a matrixed environment
- Eight or more years of experience in a formal project management role with proven examples of leading complex projects through all phases of the Project Life Cycle in either services, software development or information technology. Five or more years of experience leading complex and/or strategic programs through all phases.
- Master’s in Business, Computer Science, or other MS/MA
- Certification: PMP
- Ten or more years of experience in a formal project management role leading complex projects through all phases of the Project Life Cycle. Three or more years of experience leading complex and/or strategic programs through all phases. Two or more years of experience leading people. Experience in financial services, information technology, software development or information technology.
- Digital Delivery and Financial Services