Terrific Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Product Safety & Chemical Compliance Associate
Location: Neenah, WI or Roswell, GA
Term: 7 months
- Education: Degree in biology, chemistry, toxicology, pharmacology, biomedical or a related technical field of study with prior relevant experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience or Master’s or other advanced degree with 3+ years of experience.
- Strong knowledge Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods, national inventory, reporting, transport and product chemical and ingredient safety regulations globally with emphasis on the USA and Canada (e.g., TSCA, FIFRA, SARA Title III,California Prop 65, CEPA/DSL, WHMIS, etc.) with a focus on Compliance activities.
- Strong IT literacy and demonstrated proficiency in working within SAP database environments and Microsoft programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.).
- Experience of working with National authorities on Chemical notification, registration, licensing and other Chemical pre-market and post-market controls.
- Experience in generation of (Material) Safety Data Sheets and compilation of Precautionary Product labelling.
- Experience organizing large sets of chemical safety and regulatory data, research/product safety testing report information and the entering of these data into SAP EHS or similar type databases.
- Ability to communicate fluently (speak, read, write) in English.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow complex scientific/technical research, protocols, and procedures and the ability to analyze and interpret scientific data using computerized systems and databases.
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills with demonstrated proficiency in working effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Be self-motivated; able to work independently on assigned projects and to identify, develop and implement strategies to address existing gaps.
Apply to MATRIX today!