Very large Dallas / Fort Worth based corporation is hiring a Product Manager, Supply Chain Technology. In this role, you will serve as the Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) Product Manager, who will own the product strategy of fulfillment center systems (WMS) as this company is rapidly expanding its fulfillment center network and fulfillment capabilities. This is a hybrid role where you will work both onsite and remotely, with occasional travel to fulfillment centers. This is a 6 month contract-to-hire role where the intention is for this consultant to become an FTE.
Will serve as the Product Manager for the team that innovates and facilitates the delivery of physical and digital products to global customers quickly, efficiently, and reliably. This team builds, supports, and extends the systems that manage order fulfillment, transportation, warehouse operations, and inventory placement across Fulfillment Centers and retail nodes. The goal of this company is to become an e-commerce leader, and in this role, you will bring forward bold ideas and help lead the team.
As the Product Manager over Warehouse Management Systems, your role will be to own the product strategy of Fulfillment Center systems as the company rapidly expands it's Fulfillment Center network and fulfillment capabilities. You will be working closely with Operations stakeholders on defining and designing the functions within the Fulfillment Centers. This includes building a long-term strategic roadmap as well as designing the workflows for specific features.
Additionally, you will have the following duties:
- Build and own the roadmap and outcomes for your space. You are not an order-taker; your roadmap will embody your ideas on how we can create sustained competitive advantages.
- In partnership with operations and technology teams, design creative solutions to difficult problems. Your requirements should be clear to the implementation teams and your outcomes should move the desired needle.
- Measure and drive improvements to the key metrics in your space. For example, you will know what outbound units-per-hour and cost-per-unit were in a given FC last week and why.
- Understanding a process deeply and driving the desired results will necessitate you visiting the Fulfillment Centers for learning and for product launches.
- You will communicate to a variety of audiences in written and live mediums. You’re expected to write clearly and also be “good in the room”.
- Bachelors’ degree or relevant work experience'
- 4+ years as a Product Manager for software product or services
- Experience building and managing a roadmap
- Experience effectively gathering and communicating requirements to a software engineering team using methodology-specific artifacts
- Experience working well with different and challenging stakeholder groups
- Have demonstrable analysis skills
- Supply chain/fulfillment experience, especially order management, warehouse management, transportation, or inventory systems.
- Experience with omnichannel retail
- Experience with UX, particularly driving efficiency through interaction design