Title: Product Owner
Type: Contract to hire or Direct Hire
A Product Owner creates product roadmap in support of the broader product strategy and defines the strategic vision for their team driven by the overall product vision. They have a deep understanding of the target market / industry and build close relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that the team’s effort is aligned with overall strategy. A Product Owner manages dependencies with other team’s functions while identifying, building and managing strategic partnership across the different teams. They are accountable overall for effective and accurate requirements gathering. They also work closely within their team to ensure business value and user feedback is translated into new developments and requirements, as necessary. The Product Owner will be accountable for specific business KPIs / outcomes based on the area of the product they are focused on with the client.
Position Responsibilities/Major Duties
- Set ambitious and clear product strategy and vision and communicate it effectively to stakeholders, the team, and the rest of the unit
- End to end team output strategy from inception to production
- Collaboration with stakeholders to ensure digital vision and products align within team strategy and product requirements
- Accountable for product specific KPIs once solution enters production and communicate regular tracking of key performance metrics to stakeholders against product strategy and vision
- Utilize market and industry knowledge to translate user needs into user stories, acceptance criteria, and requirements for their team. Maintain a backlog 3 to 4 sprints ahead of the team
- Works closely with CPO to establish each product’s business value and support messaging, communication, and customer outreach as needed
- Facilitates release planning with stakeholders as well as weekly demos
- Is a key role on Agile team(s) and works onsite with the team on a daily basis, leveraging Jira, Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe methodology)
- Integrates usability studies and research into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction and ensure customer driven design
- Align outward facing product requirements and stakeholders.
- Manage internal and external partnerships relevant to selected domains / technologies
- Experienced in facilitating agile ceremonies, managing a backlog/release plan, tracking team level metrics, removing blockers (burndown chart, release burn up, etc.)
- Deep experience leading with teams in an agile setting, preferably using Jira, Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams from tech, design, and business
- Proven knowledge of standard product management practices, technology and supporting industry principles
- Experience with digital products, including product strategy, vision, and gathering of requirements
- Understanding and knowledge of various roles at a retail branch level and how they interact with product offering
- Relevant technical skills (e.g., SQL) to support product management activities, data collection, etc., as needed
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging / disruptive technologies
- Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
- Believes in culture of brutal transparency and trust and open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- 7+ years of experience working in Product Owner/management roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Apply to MATRIX today!