Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Product Owner Healthcare Delivery to join their team for a contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Product Owner Healthcare Delivery
Location: Remote - The majority of the roles at this client will continue working from home until at least the end of 2021. Once it is safe to begin working onsite, staff can choose where they work – from home, in the office, or a hybrid of the two.
To be eligible to convert to a FTE of the client, you must reside in NC or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or South Carolina
Term: 6 months, contract to hire
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: Analytically oriented Product Owner responsible for defining, owning, and leading the Quality Team products. This team member sets priorities to deliver value, based on customer roadmap and desired features for complex and/or multiple products. Works with minimal oversight.
The Product Owner will be a key member of the Analytics & Insights delivery team supporting our business partners in Healthcare on Clinical Quality programs and initiatives.
- Owns the Quality Team and sprint backlog and enables streamlined execution of product priorities through collaboration with stakeholders in Healthcare and Analytics & Insights/IT team members.
- Act as liaison between Healthcare, IT, and the Quality Delivery Team, representing the expectations of all interested stakeholder segments.
- Utilize Product Manager & stakeholder input to map the product vision to user stories.
- Work with Product Manager to ensure customer desires and business priorities are effectively communicated and reflected in the Quality team backlog.
- Decompose features into stories or smaller work items to enable team execution and delivery.
- Define user stories and/or support team members as they write user stories.
- Develop & maintain business knowledge for assigned business area (e.g., Quality, Healthcare, Analytics).
- Mentors and coaches other staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field and 5 years of experience in a similar role (e.g. Product Manager, Project Manager, Scrum Master, Business Analyst, etc.).
- In lieu of degree, 7 years of experience as listed above.
- Deep domain knowledge and direct experience working with Clinical Quality measures, data and initiatives including HEDIS, STARS and NCQA.
- Product Owner certification required
- Academic background in health economics, business administration, or similar.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience as a Product Owner.
- Possesses an interest and deep understanding of the drivers of clinical quality and an enthusiasm for finding solutions to improve the quality of care provided to our members.
- Experience with Value-Based programs, Accountable Care Organizations, provider analytic domains.