Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr Product Owner - Claims Delivery to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr Product Owner - Claims Delivery
Location: This position is remote** (see below), must be able to work Eastern Time zone business hours.
Term: 6 months + extensions, possible contract-to-hire
Owns the team/sprint backlog and sets priorities to deliver value based on customer roadmap and features for complex, higher value, and/or multiple products. Works with minimal oversight. This delivery team will be supporting claims operations and claims end-to-end initiatives with goals to understand, optimize, and reimagine claims with respect to time, cost, quality, and experience.
- Work with product manager to ensure customer desires and business priorities are effectively communicated and reflected in the product backlog
- Enable streamlined execution of product priorities by collaborating with stakeholders and team members to define user stories and owning team/sprint backlog in collaboration with delivery teams
- Decomposes features into stories or smaller work items to enable team execution and delivery
- Utilize Product Manager & stakeholder input to map the product vision to user stories
- Act as liaison between the business/customer and delivery team, and represent the expectations of all interested stakeholder segments
- Develop & maintain business knowledge for assigned Spoke or business area (Claims Operations)
- Define user stories and/or support team members as they write user stories
- Mentors and coaches other staff
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience. Product Owner, PM, Scrum Master, BA, etc.)
- Health Insurance
- Claims knowledge, end to end. (provider, payment, adjudication, etc.)
- SAFE Product Owner certification
** Due to COVID-19, this position is work from home through September. Once the Durham, NC campus restrictions begin easing in October, the client will continue to encourage contractors to take a virtual-first approach to their work when possible. As long as job responsibilities are not impacted, being in the office full-time will not be necessary or expected. During the interview process, our client will walk through our virtual-first approach and will answer questions you may have. To be eligible to convert to a FTE of the client, you must live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and South Carolina