Our client is seeking a Product Owner to work as a critical member of their Product Development group. This will be a Product Owner for one of the software teams, meaning it is more focused on API development, digital exposures, and enterprise applications.
These roles are fully remote during the pandemic as long as you're willing to work EST core hours. If you live in Tennessee, you can remain remote post-pandemic. If you live outside Tennessee, then you will need to relocate to Knoxville, TN (relocation assistance is available!).
Do you want a chance to accelerate a company’s growth? Are you driven to understand and serve others, unwilling to see your team fail, and excited by complex problems?
You’re excited about this role because you’ll…
- Develop thriving relationships across the enterprise with a team first orientation.
- Act as an ambassador and key technical contact for your product(s).
- Represent the project vision of Client’s leadership in a prioritized and inspiring backlog of user stories for your Scrum team.
Your Scrum team will thrive as you…
- Rely on Agile principles and Scrum practices to deliver speed, quality, and creative improvements across the team.
- Leverage feedback from key stakeholders and product leadership to solidify user stories into well-defined vertical slices that always focus on real business needs.
- Collaborate with the team and technical leads to decompose stories into development tasks and targets.
- Identify and remove project risks and roadblocks that would otherwise jeopardize successful product releases.
- Deliver consistent and credible communication to stakeholders and executive leadership about your project.
We want you on our team because…
- You demonstrate grit, clever problem-solving, honesty, team-based ambition, strong attention to detail, and high character.
- You are able to learn new technologies and deploy end to end solutions quickly and iteratively.
- You are an innovative and organized servant leader who enjoys mentoring others.
- You are skilled at influencing and negotiating successful outcomes in both technical and business arenas.
- You make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis without fear of failure.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in an Agile development environment as a Product Owner.
- You understand database principles, SQL, data analysis, user experience, and object-oriented design.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent work experience.
Score bonus points with…
- Your history of developing market and competitive analysis to drive product strategy and roadmaps.
- Your Product Owner, Product Manager, and/or Scrum Master certification.
- Your proficiency with a variety of Agile project management tools (e.g. JIRA).
- Your management consulting experience and/or master’s degree in business, technology, or another related field.
Apply with MATRIX today!