Our client is looking for a hard-working and analytical Product Owner to join their team. The Product Owner will be responsible for prioritizing the development work for scrum team and representing the needs of our users. Your focus will be to own the product backlog. You’ll work closely with the development teams and key stakeholders to define technical product requirements.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for user experience and professional experience building impactful and meaningful customer experiences. As part of the team, you will frequently interact with business stakeholders, UX Designers, Developers to own their current and future needs and translate those into requirements. You will report directly to a Senior Product Manager who will work alongside you in your effort to manage the development backlog.
As a Product Owner, you’ll play a key role in your product growth and long-term success by:
- Gather needs from stakeholders and implement them into the project scope. Articulate and translate the product vision into Features and Epics. Transform needs and requests into backlog items with defined acceptance criteria for the development team.
- Manage the product deliverables and schedule by prioritizing the backlog items/stories and defining the sprint content as well as the release map (milestones plan). Re-prioritize features to be developed and implemented based on business value, ensuring that features with the highest value and impact are delivered first.
- Own the end-to-end workstream planning and execution. Develop and set the quality standard for delivery and the Agile process, removing any roadblocks. Guide teams and drive solutions for given challenges.
- Partner across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training, and support.
- Work day-to-day with the agile teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy.
- Refine Agile processes based on results and feedback. Define key success metrics to ensure progress tracked accurately and rigorously.
- Engage and actively participate in sprint and release plans together with Scrum Master and participate in retrospectives to continually improve team processes (for agile approach).
- Serve as the expert of your integrations and needs of the users
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- MBA or Master’s degree – preferred
- 5+ years as Product Owner/Product Manager/System Business Analyst
- Experience using Jira, or other issue tracking/agile project management tools
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies is must
- Write stories with elaborate acceptance criteria
- 3+ years in SaaS industry, software for B2B/B2C customers, software integrations, APIs, and digital products
- Exceptional analytical, detail-oriented problem-solving skills; excellent follow-up skills required
- Ability to tackle issues with a sense of urgency while maintaining professionalism and accuracy
- A desire to “go deep” on technical solutions and their impact on business requirements
- An aptitude for understanding technical concepts and simplifying them