Are you a Product Owner or Business Analyst with experience in the Credit Card or Payments Processing industry? Do you have experience with self-service applications? If so, we want to talk with you TODAY!!
Atlanta based Global Financial Services team seeking an Associate Product Owner for their growing team! We are seeking a strategic visionary who is generally inquisitive about product ownership, creating roadmaps and the plans on how to execute that roadmap! Ideal candidate has Business Analysis or Product Owner experience in credit card and/or payments industry with self-service applications.
A quick snapshot:
The Associate Product Owner leads the planning and rollout of assigned product features through ownership of product concepts, roadmaps, and prioritization with delivery teams. Navigates a dynamic and distributed stakeholder and development environment to build and maintain a prioritized roadmap. Owns product feature backlog and release plan. Champions and supports the product development team by reducing churn and waste, removing blockers, escalating issues and offering ideas, solutions, and technical product guidance.
- For moderately complex product offerings, leverages expertise in financial services markets and/or Agile software product development to drive product innovation, roadmap priorities, and requirements for the assigned product offering that serves to further distinguish our capabilities from the competition and to deepen engagement for our clients’ customers. Close collaboration with product development team is key to success.
- Works closely with our leadership, sales, and client teams to pinpoint opportunities for our strategic focus, and ensures the release themes and plans align to deliver the capabilities to enable winning in the marketplace. Determines methods and procedures for alignment to product strategy.
- Facilitates product innovation and roadmap planning sessions. Actively offers ideas, solutions, and technical product guidance on solution feasibility, approach, and high level scope.
- Participates in release and sprint planning sessions to select appropriate priorities from the product backlog for inclusion in the release priorities. Able to discern appropriate priorities from the backlog based on a variety of factors, including input from multiple teams (Market Strategy, Portfolio Management, and Client Implementations, among others), scope/sizing considerations, functional synergies, etc.
- Adopts the structured approach to facilitate product scenario, epic, and solution requirements sessions for product enhancements. Actively participates in design review and product demo sessions, offering critical and insightful feedback.
- Drives effective release priority communications plan to ensure that all appropriate internal teams have visibility to the contents of critical commitments in the releases, as well as visibility into overall product readiness. This includes ensuring that key product decisions made within the delivery cycle are communicated and understood so that product readiness and intent are achieved. May include driving and coordinating many aspects of go-to-market planning and execution (e.g. pricing, contracts, value proposition and messaging, etc.).
- Works with technical writing team members to deliver product documentation to ensure effective internal and external communications of each release. This includes user guides, implementation guides, release notes, and various internal release communication sessions.
- Collaborates within and outside of the product management team to ensure product relevance and prioritization across segment offerings.
- Adopts process for competitive benchmarking to identify and address product gaps. Distills data from the process, develops and ensures maintenance of strategic planning approach for summarizing and communicating the results of aggregate research that will lead to the development of the strategic product roadmap.
- Participate in testing, including guiding test strategy to meet program solution scenarios.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert, providing added value to clients and internal teams through knowledge of company platforms and provides recommendations on the alternative solutions, with a consultative approach.
- Develops simple to complex business specifications and logical flowcharts that include features and functions from which programmers can create technical specifications. Leverages system or module knowledge in the design of system screens and database structures. Consults and coordinates with programmers to design and develop requirements and analyze the feasibility of new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
Are you the person we're looking for?
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent field from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Self starter early in their career with 4 to 6 years of progressive experience who wants to own and grow
- Track record in product development/management, preferably cloud based SaaS products in a client-facing environment.
- Experience with Agile delivery methodology.
- Experience of full life cycle project implementations.
- Understanding of Database/Data models.
- Understanding of interface specifications (Files/XML/API/SSO) and data mapping best practices.
Bonus points for:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent field from an accredited university.
- Credit Card, Payment Processing, Financial Services, or native financial application experience