Location: San Francisco, CA
About the Role:
The Product Manager is charged with building and enhancing products and features that support our internal teams and grow our business. We are looking for a collaborative, passionate product owner responsible for driving operational efficiencies and automating workflows on our loan origination platform.
You will deliver system enhancements and process improvements which enable our internal teams to operate more efficiently and support transformational user experiences at scale. You will balance zooming into details with considering the bigger system in order to tackle the most important aspect of any end-to-end process. You will take ownership of what we develop and why, partnering tightly with our engineering, operations, sales and other key stake holders to ensure they are fully optimized. This is a high-impact role tackling both strategic and operational challenges, with a high level of ownership, visibility, and responsibility.
Immediate areas of focus: Professional Loan Program
- Roll out a contract lifecycle management solution from template creation and customization to e-signature with an end goal of building a self-serving offering for end users
- Build enhancements catering to the business needs and overarching product roadmap as part of the monthly release cycle
What You'll Do:
- Help ideate, define, create, and launch changes to the loan origination flow, typically through creating a feedback loop from end users in an agile environment.
- Work with internal stakeholders including end users, analytics, operations, credit and others to get those test ideas to reality
- Own product backlog implementation schedule with engineering team to ensure delivery and accountability
- Interpret results to understand the impact on user satisfaction as well as costs / benefits to our business
- Make tough priority calls and trade-offs balancing available time, talent and critical business needs
- Act with sense of urgency, intellectual curiosity, go beyond boundaries of what your job description states
- You have 3-5 years of overall experience with at least 2 years of owning a software product
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Building enterprise software and/or Internal tools
- Solving large-scale technology issues for end users
- Fintech product management
- Deep customer focus and experience with researching and determining customer needs
- Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded with an ability to tackle complex problems in an organized way
- Comfortable working closely with Engineering and experience with Agile development
- Curiosity in all things, Eye for detail, Appetite to experiment and Hunger for knowledge.
- You have strong organization and planning skills. Ability to maintain multiple projects without compromising results
- You have superior communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Experience in the financial services, lending, and/or enterprise software
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related area of study
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.