Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Basics: Seeking a Solutions Designer Mobile with solid mobile app development experience.
Location: 100% remote - Arizona time zone hours
Type: 6-month contract
Rate: $65-75/hourly, DOE
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Senior Mobile Solutions Designer owns and communicates the architectural vision of the mobile product or solutions being built to solve business problems in the healthcare domain. Hence, this person is a senior level developer who has progressed into technical leadership roles while still having a passion to write code in an individual contributor capacity, as well as lead/mentor the mobile development team in creating high quality mobile products and services. The senior solution designer takes accountability in identifying and addressing the functional as well as non-functional requirements, ensuring the mobile software products and solutions are scalable, secure, performant, testable, and maintainable. This role is adept at evolving mobile trends and industry standards, including the broad ecosystem of Apple and Google mobile technologies beyond just iOS and Android.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Translate business and customer requirements into elegant technical designs and then implement the design and architecture in code.
• Communicate implications and tradeoffs of design decisions, issues and plans to business, product and IT leadership.
• Design software libraries for mobile applications using design patterns and architectures.
• Demonstrate senior level understanding and ability to break down architecture blueprints to code components, data models, business logic, and integration needs for APIs and services.
• Create and maintain technical artifacts like architecture views, technology architecture blueprints and design specifications.
• Evaluate new mobile coding approaches, new platform/OS updates, and innovative proof-of-concepts to inform and develop a mobile product roadmap.
• Collaborate with app developers to define technical requirements for OS frameworks, caching, data persistence, and memory usage.
• Collaborate with developers to implement best practices for app security including device/OS vulnerabilities, security controls, code exploits, sensitive data, encryption, authentication, and authorization.
• Establish test-driven development practices for unit, functional, and integration testing to cover code analysis, requirements coverage, and failure scenarios; assess build, test, and deploy pipelines and optimize CI/CD processes to simplify release planning, testing integration, and minimize shipped bugs.
• Actively participate in product development by thought leadership, providing/reviewing specifications, risk assessment, cost and alternative options including supplier evaluation.
• Demonstrate strong affinity for User Experience/User Interface practices, and work with UX design teams.
• Enforce standards, frameworks, and architecture principles and governance to keep the overall architecture evolving toward the target state
• Develop technology strategy, direction, reference architecture, development framework standards and guidelines.
• Partner with product teams for evaluation and prioritization of new product features
• Demonstrate senior level understanding and ability to drive self service automation tools and reference architecture for code reuse, build, release and deploy
• Establish architecture guardrails around development and release management process.
• Guide and assist the app support team for performance, scalability, reliability and capacity planning
• Assist the app support team for high severity incident troubleshooting and root cause analysis
Required Education and Experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 10 + years of experience in native and hybrid mobile app development with progressively increasing responsibility
• 4+ years in a mobile architect role
• Deep and sustained experience in one of the native mobile platforms (either Android or iOS) as well as good knowledge and some experience with the other.
• Strong programming/development skills in one or more programming languages such as Obj-C, Swift, Kotlin, or Java.
• Deliver software modules in support of full life-cycle implementation of software products and systems utilizing a structured, documented software development process and generally accepted software engineering methods, adhering to procedures and practices for compliant medical device software.
• Experience and expertise in design/build of cloud-native applications using APIs, containers, and micro services
• Background in Healthcare/Medical Devices/Regulated industry product development preferred.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
• Experience in mobile languages like Kotlin and Swift is highly desirable
• Experience in Healthcare industry is desirable
• Experience with Adobe Experience Manager in highly desirable
• Familiarity with compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI, OWASP is a plus
• Experience working with the SAFe scaled agile framework