Our Irving, Texas client is seeking a Sr. Kitchen Technician for a contract opportunity. In this role you will support all test kitchen operations including receiving and shipping samples, performing basic physical and organoleptic analysis on products (weights measurements, temperature, viscosity, texture, taste, color, etc.). Preparing products for analysis and product presentations. Supporting sensory testing. Ensuring that the test kitchen is clean and well maintained. Washing dishware and analytic equipment.
- Taking directions from product development manager, independently prepare and evaluate samples, provide feedback and align on next steps.
- Aid in the development of product specifications by taking measurements and analyzing results.
- Perform simple physical and organoleptic evaluations on products including but not limited to weights, dimensions, temperature, texture, color, viscosity.
- Support sensory panels by preparing and serving samples, cleaning between sessions
- Receive and ship product samples (this may require you to lift up to 50lbs).
- Maintenance of kitchen equipment including preventative maintenance and deep cleaning.
- Wash and put up dishware and analytical equipment.
- Maintain accurate project work documentation through the use of Microsoft programs –Excel, Teams, Word, Powerpoint
- General organization and cleanliness of the test kitchen including in dry storage, walk in cooler and walk in freezers.
- B.S. or equivalent in Food Science/Technology, Nutrition, Culinary or related field.
- Experience with culinary, QA or Food Service working environments a plus.
- Must be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to proactively find ways to help the team.
- Computer literate and versed in Excel, Outlook & Teams.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.