This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 6+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for long-term extension) for a Product Designer working on consumer facing mobile applications. Must have a portfolio that shows experience in consumer facing native mobile app design. Ideally seeking strong Mobile Designers but open to strong Visual Designers or Consumer Electronics/Connected Devices backgrounds (specifically Roku). This position will be 100% remote.
Product Designers understand the design process including: interaction design, visual design, prototyping and user testing. You will be creating the tools for the business to publish and sell advertisements. You’ll be part of an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You’ll build our product by solving complex challenges in simple, elegant ways.
- Work with members of Design and Product Leadership to understand strategy and shape experience.
- Tackle projects learning from Senior Design team members while collaborating with: Product Management, Engineering, and Business partners to understand and collect data needed to make informed design decisions.
- Deliver high-quality, on-time designs that take into account cross-functional requirements.
- Present work to Design and Product Leadership clearly communicating design rationale, process and decisions while collecting feedback.
- Actively contribute to new processes and ways of thinking to an evolving multi-disciplinary team.
- You have demonstrated experience designing products and features and collaborating with cross functional partners
- You’ve had experience with the end-to-end design process and are developing skills in ideation, wireframing, user research, full production and prototyping.
- You understand user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, and web and mobile platform design guidelines.
- You are a problem solver; you work with senior designers and product management to work through ideas and translate user needs into valuable user experiences
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are comfortable presenting your work.
- You are a collaborative team player who is excited to learn from the diverse perspectives of your team.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of design process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Proficient with current professional design tools and software
- Portfolio that demonstrates experience