Position: Contractor - Buyer
Location: Raleigh, NC 27609
Term: 6 Months
- Implement sourcing/procurement strategies within area of assigned responsibility to support fast pasted Healthcare IT corporates to achieve corporate objectives and fulfill the organization's need for a diverse and globally competitive supply base.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive Buyer Business Plan that outlines strategies and specific actions to deliver the plan
- Work closely with Leadership Team to scope and complete projects in a timely manner
- Align purchasing process and customer/client “Statement of Work” to maximize customer value
- Provide purchasing input to suppliers and customers in order to effectively manage contracts throughout their lifecycle.
- Manage and maintain supplier relationships, support pre and post-tender negotiations
- Maintain relationships with cross functional team members
- Implement and ensure compliance with all relevant Procurement Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and manage appropriate Purchasing files and process
- Manage supplier cost, quality, and delivery performance
- Manage global spend when necessary
- Establish effective internal and external relationships to support short and long term sourcing needs
- Provide customers with counsel and assistance with procurement policies and processes
- Manage special internal purchasing projects
- Provide monthly or quarterly reporting for area of responsibility, as required
- Travel Requirements: Minimal
- Working Arrangements: Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
- Procurement experience is needed (3-5 years).
- Purchase order experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Significant experience with Purchasing ERP systems (Oracle preferred) and Windows applications.
- Contracting /contract negotiation experience