Terrific Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Procurement Analyst II
Location: Neenah, WI
Term: 7 months
The incumbent typically reports to a Sr. Manager within Procurement and is responsible for managing assigned commodities, suppliers, processes and purchases to meet customer needs.
Utilizing a structured sourcing process you will handle category sourcing and contract negotiations. In other cases, you will dissect the requirements communicated by the business and express the elements in familiar category terms so we can benefit from the value available in a competitive marketplace.
- North American purchases across multiple business units.
- Value of purchases typically would be in the $0.5-$10 million range.
- Develop pricing agreements and contracts with suppliers.
- Work in conjunction with business units and suppliers to identify continuous improvement opportunities as goods and services are strategically sourced
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Lead formal supplier performance management reviews, where applicable.
- Provide input into the creation of category strategies.
- Issue management and resolution.
- Develops a plan to drive value for their category based on an understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline and evolution, and benchmarking.
- Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the category are met.
- Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction projects through contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls.
- Analyze and execute various strategic sourcing levers that can be utilized to reduce Total Cost of Ownership and Total Landed Cost for the assigned commodity utilizing appropriate financial models.
- Analyze market and supply dynamics related to supplier proposals to develop a matrix of negotiation scenarios.
- Engage business leaders to align on acceptable negotiation outcomes.
- Lead the development of risk analyses, assessments and mitigation plans for their category.
- Manage the ongoing performance of suppliers.
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) on assigned Procurement processes.
- Monitoring process performance.
- Facilitating resolution of escalations.
- Leading problem solving to address identified gaps.
- Participating in systems testing.
- Delivering training to colleagues, end-users, other internal customers and suppliers.
- Challenging existing practices and leading projects to execute improvement to standardize and streamline processes.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, engineering or related discipline or a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and data analysis skills on a project or in a role.
- Have participated on a project team.
- Problem solving experience in reducing total costs and improving processes (LEAN or CI).
- Worked in a matrix organization and have built constructive and effective relationships.
- Presentation experience in which have successfully conveyed an idea or decision to key stakeholders.
- Ability to ask probing questions in order to learn the business objectives that are required.
- Experience translating business needs into sourcing documents such as RFIs, RFPs, RFQs.
- Knowledgeable of market conditions for goods/services purchases.
- Subject matter expertise to challenge existing practices and lead projects to execute improvements.
Apply to MATRIX today!