Position: Procurement Agent
Location: Miami, Florida 33178
Term: 6 months (06/07/2021 to 12/03/2021)
- You will manage assigned retail front end categories, its P&L contributions, and managing select DSD and DC vendors.
- You will have full be responsible for achieving budgeted sales, gross margin, and building market share within their category.
- Vendor management to include: collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating with manufacturers and vendors to ensure product placement and product strategy that grow sales and profitability.
- Develop category plans (i.e., plan optimal SKU mix; weekly, seasonal, annual promotional programs) for merchandising programs from 1 to 3 years that reflect deep personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients.
- Sustain a understanding of current competition; and search out new competitive opportunities. Initiating and building strategic promotional strategies and marketing plans by collaborating internally with a team of Client professionals (e.g., Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, and Store Operations).
- Close collaboration with key stakeholders, cross-functional teams and suppliers
- Sales budgeting and forecasting process assistance
- Monitor operational opportunities and communicate with team on ideas for improvement.
- Responsible for executing pricing and promotional programs
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 1-3 years of experience in a retail organization or in an analytical, merchandising, or buying position
- Prior experience as ACM or managing some categories under CM or independently.
- Experience with planogram process and ads/ circular ( determining what to promote, at what price, forecasting)
- Good excel skills ( vlook up, pivot)
- Prior experience as inventory planner with some category management experience will be considered
- Vendor negotiations
- Bilingual preferred ( English and Spanish)
- Able to work from home now but work out of Miami office when we go back to the office
- Previous retail experience strongly preferred
- Excellent technical skills: knowledge of spreadsheet and database software
- Excellent presentation skills
- GMROI analysis experience a plus
- Experience or w orking knowledge of IRI or Nielsen market data
- Familiarity with plan-o-gram tools a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred