Our client is a global, values-driven corporation that leads the communications, automotive, and media industries. Apply today to be on a team that disrupts industries and builds a better future for the next generation.
Position: Release Train Architect
Location: Austin, TX
You will drive the design of next-generation common services and customer-facing software-as-a-service applications.
- Cloud-native applications in AWS
- Application modernization to microservices
- Portfolio rationalization that consolidates back end systems and duplicative integrations
- Business, product, and engineering collaborations
- Technical standards definition
- New technology adoption
- Meeting performance, availability, scalability, reliability, maintainability and security SLAs
- Serve as a technology thought leader
- Champion technology and architecture-related investments, advocating for the priority of this work
- Define solution architectures aligned to business needs in collaboration with product and engineering Facilitate collaborative design discussions and drive design reviews
- Partner with Product to envision future features and help plan development sequences
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert to engineering
- Assist with the development of architecture standards
- Assist with improving architecture practices
- Assist with governing software development to ensure the satisfaction of non-functional requirements
- Build software prototypes to validate architecture approaches and assess emerging technologies
- At ease advocating for technical solutions and enjoy the challenge of influencing others
- Ability to write high-quality blog posts and technical documentation.
- Ability to serve as a technology mentor, facilitating the growth of colleagues
- Ability to manage conflict and maintain productive working relationships.
- 10+ years of experience in software development for midsize to large corporations
- 5+ years of working experience as a solution or technical architect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Ability to code in any language using any technology stack through self-teaching
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- AWS (preferred), GCP, or Azure services and solution architectures
- REST API design and microservice implementation
- Object-oriented design including common patterns
- Distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other container technologies
- .NET Core, Java and/or a willingness to become an expert
- Automotive industry experience or a willingness to become an expert
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!