Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
- Design and continuously refine data architecture to support the organizations digital transformation and the next generation of products and data initiatives
- Design and drive end to end multi-cloud, cloud agnostic, data solution architecture from concept through development and delivery
- Produce data architecture best practices and guidelines for data engineering development, data modeling and data quality results
- Evangelize and consult on enterprise data architecture in order to reduce data silos and promote the efficient, effective, accurate and secure use of data throughout the organization
- Guide and assist in the development and implementation of data collection systems as necessary
- Reduce redundancy, enable accessibility within security boundaries and foster corporate understanding of the meaning of the data
- Design, develop, and support conceptual/logical/physical data models, structure and attributes of data elements to facilitate integration and data exchange with internal and external partners/vendors
- Track, analyze and communicate commercial technology trends to non-technical audience
- Review the solution requirements and lead the architecture to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology
- Review diverse data sources and determine how to bring together to meet data reporting and interoperability requirements
- Evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability, consistency, quality and/or usability and proactively propose solutions as necessary
- Utilize extensive experience / knowledge of master data management, data governance, data quality, and data security to optimize end to end data pipelines
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and assist in design solutions of complex data engineering problems
- Ensures that industry-accepted architecture principles, standards, guidelines and concepts are integrated with those of allied disciplines and coordinated roll-out and adoption strategies are in place
- Understand and diligently apply EA methodology, framework and process to contribute to the development of a single, cohesive architecture for the IT enterprise.
- Create architecture views, artifacts for architecture analysis and documentation, and management plan using the tools and templates prescribed by the EA framework
- Upload architecture development plan and documentation into online living architecture and EA repository to enable reference and use across
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 10+ years experience in data engineering
- 7+ years experience in data architect positions
- 5+ years of digital data management industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize research on broad industry trends, present different and leading discussion on pro/con around approach and choices of design, technology and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex technical subject matter and communicate the business and operations impact of choices to business and IT leaders.
- Experience designing and building data solutions across multiple cloud vendors and on premises systems, including leveraging open source ecosystem
- Applied experience in an agile delivery environment utilizing a combination of Scrum, Kanban, Lean Software Development, XP or other agile process frameworks
- Demonstrated experience with different data models like normalized, de-normalized, stars, and snowflake models. Worked with transactional, temporal, time series, and structured and unstructured data.
- In-depth knowledge of and proven cloud experience with multi-cloud data management and hybrid business intelligence stacks
- Experience with leading / managing data classifications
- Experience with healthcare data terminologies, high-performance computing
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- ETL Development Tools
- Data lifecycle
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Cloud services
- Data orchestration / integration / service bus tools
- API services
- Stream-processing systems
- Data Lakes and data marts
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages
- Demonstrated experience with Data Quality Management
- Experience with at least one data governance and metadata management tools ( Collibra, Reltio, Inofrmatica, SnapLogic )
- Experience with Teams, DevOps, Rally, JIRA, Confluence and other productivity tools
- At least any one of common architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachmann, DODAF, FEAF)