Our client, a well known national retailer headquartered in the Phoenix area is in search of a Principal Solutions Architect to help lead them in their next generation efforts to combine all forms technology to their customers to make their experience enjoyable and repeatable for years to come. This position is starting out remote and will be required to relocate to the Phoenix area once covid restrictions are eased.
Under minimal supervision, the Principal Solutions Architect is responsible for the design of one or more applications or services within an organization and is typically part of a solution development team. The Principal Solutions Architect will be responsible for assisting product and program teams with their short- and long-term architecture and environment vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on solution design, solution architectures, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of programs, projects, and products as requested
- Provide solution architectures at the project, product, and program levels that span highly complex processes, systems, applications and technologies.
- Ensure solution is scalable, sustainable, and meets overall business requirements
- Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, and System Integrators to drive architecture solutions
- Ability to immerse in a function or technology to develop advanced level of proficiency in a time box
- Be recognized as a functional expert in applicable product space
- Be recognized as a technical expert in applicable product space
- Provide clear options, measures of performance, and assessments for architectures to the project, product, and program teams as required.
- Document and proficiently explain complex architectures at any level of detail to any and all levels within the organization
- Lead Solution Architecture reviews (also known as functional review boards) with program and product teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution is scalable, is aligned with internal product roadmaps, and meets customers’ business requirements
- Lead subsequent reviews of agreed architecture at critical project phases
- Mentor additional team resources as necessary, especially junior solution architects
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Support translation of business needs into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in an architecture role
- 10+ years of experience with systems process design and improvement; experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Exceptional conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large organization that operates using matrix management structures
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Design experience in Omni, retail, mobile, and/or CDN/content is preferred.
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or related technical field.