Our Health Insurance client is seeking a Middleware/Database Architect to join their team!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs
Position: Middleware/Database Architect
Location: Remote (WFH) until June 2021 at least. Then can work on-site in Durham or from any of the following states where BCNC is allowed to have FTE remotely: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Alabama)
Term: 6 months , plus extensions or intent to convert to FTE of client
IT is different here. Our work as technology specialists pushes the boundaries of what's possible in health care. You will build solutions that make a real difference in peoples lives. Driven by the importance of their work, our team members innovate to elevate. We are encouraged to be curious, collaborate, and turn ideas into solutions that transform health care.
As the Technical Lead - Middleware/Database you'll own the engineering of various and sophisticated aspects of both physical and cloud hosted data center infrastructures which include network, platform, middleware and database. Using your analytical skills, we expect you to lead the analysis of current and future requirements to effectively craft data center infrastructure systems while determining design feasibility from both technical and economic perspectives. Additionally, you can expect to develop and maintain technical standards, procedures and documentation in partnership with service partners as needed. As needed, youll work to coordinate the compilation and analysis of operational data and directs proof of technology to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes. Using your interpersonal skills as the domain specialist, youll partner and consult with varied technical, business, project and management staff to identify and plan, assess data center and cloud infrastructure designs, physical data center requirements and impacts and resolve sophisticated design problems.
If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this team.
- Coordinate the planning and development of highly sophisticated engineering designs in support of the implementation of middleware and database solutions.
- Own and maintain technology currency and capacity planning in support of established SLAs.
- Define hardware and software performance standards.
- As cross functional, multi-disciplinary infrastructure SME, guide and knowledge in emerging technologies with strategic technology vendors
- Provide leadership in software and hardware licensing, financial and capacity activities that plan for the most efficient way to introduce and maintain datacenter technology within the environment.
- Proactively provide information and ongoing consultation for IT and business areas as well as vendors directly or indirectly affected by the network or data center infrastructures.
- Own the detailed infrastructure design of larger and/or more sophisticated internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
- Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Provide detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning more sophisticated and/or high visibility production incidents when required.
- Maintain appropriate standardized guidelines, work procedures and schedules for solution engineering within the data center environment to expedite workflow and ultimately improve efficiencies.
- Build collaborative relationships with the broader architecture community to effectively maintain technical roadmaps and provide input into strategies and standards related to area of specialization.
- Lead collaboration with vendors on infrastructure designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed.
- Regularly act in a project lead capacity and/or represent the department on enterprise-wide project teams.
- Organize and lead new technology briefings with IT and Enterprise leadership at varied leadership forums.
- Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members and may oversee or coordinate work efforts as needed.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors degree and 7 years of systems engineering experience is required. In lieu of degree, 9 years of systems engineering experience.
- Significant experience and expertise in both Middleware, Databases and the Cloud
- Experience automating tasks associated with technical specialties.
- IBM experience: MQ, WebSphere,
- Databases: Oracle, Postgress, DB2
- Knowledgeable to provide analysis, strategy, roadmaps, POC's, etc.