Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Principal Enterprise Project Manager to join their team for a contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Principal Enterprise Project Manager
Location: Remote - The majority of the roles at this client will continue working from home until at least the end of 2021. Once it is safe to begin working onsite, staff can choose where they work – from home, in the office, or a hybrid of the two. To be eligible to convert to FTE at this client you must reside in NC or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or South Carolina
Term: 6 month, contract to hire
- Bachelor’s degree and eight to ten years project management experience to include large, complex, enterprise-wide and
- multiple concurrent projects and/or programs. If not ten years project management experience, clear demonstration of advanced program management and/or management of a highly diverse department.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, ten to twelve years project management experience to include large, complex, and enterprisewide and multiple concurrent projects and /or programs may be considered.
- Experience managing multiple and/or complex projects for a variety of functional areas.
- Experience in managing multiple and complex software releases.
- Experience with stakeholder management with solid influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
- Experience working with multiple software development and test methodologies (i.e. Agile, Scrum, Lean, SAFe).
- Ability to summarize and present the program status to Executives
- Digital Strategy
- Healthcare/insurance experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Planview.
- Provide strong consultative leadership as a member of the project leadership team
- Proactive team leadership and conflict management
- Effective in a highly matrixed environment Proven statistical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an often changing, ambiguous work environment
- Strong prioritization and time management
- Ability to identify enterprise transformational opportunities and to bring relevant insight to projects and programs
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: Principal-level Program Manager for a complex program with varied and multiple initiatives.
- Creates a consultative partnership with executive sponsors and key stakeholders in the formation and discovery of enterprise initiatives.
- Leads teams in managing and/or facilitating the delivery and implementation of project/program scope.
- Manages scope, dependencies, risks, issues, costs, and resources across multiple projects that are part of an enterprise portfolio or a program.
- Ensures alignment and prioritization of projects with strategic direction and goals.
- Creates portfolio dashboard and program or project status reports for executive level representation.
- Accountable for compliance with internal and external audit requirements.
- Frequently leads other project managers on complex projects.
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate, and clear communication is provided to our customers and members.
- Responsible for developing, refining, and monitoring the project budgets throughout the project life cycles.
- Manages scope, ensuring traceability in documentation.
- Manages program-level change management process.
- Manages program-level budget and forecasts.
- Responsible for defining and managing overall program dashboard and roadmap.
- Responsible for identifying enterprise process impacts to ensure business readiness.
- Develops a plan for identifying, engaging, and communicating with stakeholders to set consistent expectations.
- Ensures clear understanding of scope and expectations of business owner, including success and acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for providing timely communication to senior management and project teams.
- Escalates issues to appropriate stakeholders and drives resolution.
- Responsible for driving vendor contracting process in coordination with internal vendor sourcing team.
- Responsible as the primary point of contact for vendor coordination
- Manages resources deliverables, hours, and costs as defined in the statement of work.
- Responsible for ensuring timely approval of deliverables and payment of invoices.
- Assembles, mobilizes, and motivates teams to set direction, approach, identify skill gaps, and resolve conflict.
- Helps to balance workload and synchronize team efforts
- Accountable for managing allocated resources against approved hours and scope at a program level.
- Agile Methodology Specific Job Functions (Über Scrum Master or Release Train Conductor)
- Manage and coordinate Scrum at the program and portfolio level.
- Lead agile/scrum adoption by serving on the Agile Steering Committee.
- Responsible for managing and scheduling synchronized releases across one of more programs and/or product lines.
- Assist the agile product manager and agile teams in planning each release.
- Ensure that the architecture and infrastructure on which the application will be deployed is robust and stable.
- Conduct a release retrospective with agile teams to improve the release process and increase program productivity and product quality.