Title: Principal Engineer
- Will oversee 2-5 team groups within this org
- Role is one-part developer and one part mentor, looking for these engineers to lead other engineers through battle
- Hardened, real work experience to mentor a team
- Warehousing experience is a plus (not required)
- Logistics is where they’ll slot the person in
- Manage risks, resolve issues that affect performance, schedule and quality.
- Measure, monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and meet expectations.
- Communicate risks, plans, commitments and changes to business partners and IT leadership.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams.
- Assist with release readiness reviews, milestone reviews and business go/no-go meetings.
- Work with varied stakeholder groups to ensure alignment around objectives, priorities, resourcing, schedules and ownership.
- Create and drive the alignment of technical designs with Solution and Enterprise Architecture.
- Create requirements, specifications and architectural solution documentation.
- Assess existing implementations and architectures, review for gaps against business needs and industry best practices.
- Determine business process design and re-engineering impacts.
- 6+ years' business, IT or related experience.
- 3 years' enterprise, business or solutions architecture experience.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or other Cloud PaaS and LaaS providers.
- Experience with modern DevOps practices and CI/CD processes.
- Experience and adaptability to working in a Lean/Agile (Scrum and XP) delivery environment.
- Understanding of business process re-engineering or process improvement.
- Expertise in Java, Python, Node.js or similar.
- Experience in relational and document based databases.
- Strong object oriented skills and experience.
- Develop or improve strategic processes.
- Consult, transfer knowledge and act as a resource for the resolution of unique opportunities.
- Deal with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Collaborate with and influence key stakeholders, tech leads and architects.
- Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in governances and best practices for enterprise architecture strategies and roadmaps.
- Communicate technical information to and influence a wide and varied audience.