Terrific Contract Opportunity !
Position: Principal DevOps Engineer
Hourly Rate: $ 94/hr.
Term: 6 months
- Ensuring operational integrity of Global Cyber-Security Office DevSecOps applications and infrastructure; including:
- HashiCorp Vault
- JFrog Artifactory
- Internal Security Pipeline
- Third party vendor applications
- AWS EKS Kubernetes cluster administration, and troubleshooting
- Managing global multi-region cluster failover, and disaster recovery plans
- Capable of triaging, debugging and root cause analysis of various commonly used AWS services such as IAM, KMS, EC2, EKS, S3, Route53, CloudFront, ACM, Secrets Manager
- Building automation and governance around organization secrets management
- Tracking, comparing and reporting SLOs, and SLIs against defined SLAs to ensure reliability and availablity
- Bespoke automation and integrations for backend systems using languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, and Go
- Automating the collection of metrics from DevSecOps tools and implementing AppSec log ingestion at scale using tools such as Sysdig, DataDog and Prometheus
- On-call rotation for ensuring uptime, and functionality of critical internal customer services
- Leading members of a globally present DevOps team
- Have well founded opinions and be willing to express your disagreement when something doesn't pass the ‘smell test’ for you.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Advanced experience administering Kubernetes, and understanding of manifest management with Helm
- Advanced experience solutioning with AWS services such as IAM, KMS, EC2, EKS, S3, Route53, CloudFront, ACM, Secrets
- Intermediate experience solutioning and working with one or more other cloud providers aside from AWS such as GCP, Alibaba, Azure
- Intermediate experience writing, and running Terraform
- Advanced of Linux systems administrator experience or equivalent skills
- Intermediate experience or equivalent skills with DevOps or CICD pipelines (Jenkins, Concourse, etc…)
- Intermediate experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, SaltStack.
- Strong preference for Chef
- Advanced experience with automating multiple systems using languages such as Bash, Python and Ruby and Go
- Intermediate experience with RDBMS databases such as Postgres, MySQL, and MS SQL Server
- Intermediate understanding of source control management and practices using Git, and Github
- Advanced understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field of work or equivalent work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with the Microsoft ecosystem including Powershell is a plus
- Directory services like AD, and LDAP
- Understanding and experience with backend software application development with Ruby or Go including API development, and integrating with third party sources
- Understanding of system integration design patterns at scale with experience in microservice design or development