Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this award-winning global leader in healthcare IT to innovate and make open, connected communities of care possible for organizations across the world.
Position: Principal Database Administrator
Term: 3 months
- Apply depth of knowledge and experience towards enabling our business to transition to the cloud.
- Bring both relational and non-relational chops to help us architect, build and maintain our SaaS data stores in the cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Ensure the continuous availability of our mission critical systems.
- Help manage all aspects of our AWS/Azure instances and storage backing our cloud platforms.
- Conquer the day-to-day operational aspects of our systems:
- Performance monitoring/tuning, HA/DR strategies, Backup strategies, Query tuning, Cloud instance/storage design, provisioning and performance monitoring.
- On-prem to cloud migrations.
- Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of solid experience with designing, administrating and scaling SQL Server.
- Experience with additional database platforms such Postgres/CosmosDB/MongoDB.
- Experience with designing overall database stack architectures (server/storage/DBMS) and related performance monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Amazon/Azure proficiency with VM instances, storage and database platforms.
- Experience with large, high volume, mission critical environments SaaS environments.
- Experience with cloud provisioning via code.
- Passionate about solving business data problems.
- Thrives in a rapid paced environment and loves new challenges.
- Incredibly detail oriented and thorough.
- Experience in an Agile or Scrum Environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related discipline.
Even better if you have:
- Terraform expertise.
- Scripting abilities.
- Strong Linux system administration proficiency.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!