Our client, a leading US retailer headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ is in search of a Principal Data Scientist to join their team of 4 to grow the Data Science team across their enterprise. You will have the opportunity to work across business segments (Inventory, Marketing, Supply Chain, Pricing, etc.) to provide Predictive Learning analysis expertise across their enterprise.
Duration: Direct Hire (no 3rd Party candidates please)
Location: Will start remote, but will be required to work onsite in Scottsdale, AZ 2 days per week, likely January 2022.
Key Skills/Education/Experience: Data Science, Predictive Learning, Python, Masters Degree
The Principal Data Scientist takes the lead on the most strategic and highly complex problems with no initial solution, leading use cases that cross multiple business segments or domains. Provides technical oversight of the Analytics department. Embeds and drives the organization with analytics best practices and the most up-to-date data science methodology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and validates predictive models of high risk/reward problems with no initial solution utilizing large scale data from multiple data sources and methodologies. Ensures adoption of the model and reviews other Senior Data Scientists' models.
- Uses machine learning techniques to create data-driven solutions for various business use-cases.
- Solves complex, strategic issues by identifying potential use cases across multiple business units or domains. Leads projects with external partners to develop a minimal viable product to meet those needs while resolving any issues that may arise.
- Leads the analysis and mining of very large quantities of data with expertise in several domains to find patterns and insights utilizing statistical software.
- Writes code for the scope of work being done. Leads the development data science standards for the department.
- Contributes to the organization's data strategy and influences the data roadmap. Leads the efforts to find new data sources or leveraging existing data sources and works with business partners to bring them into the data stack.
- Interprets, communicates, and presents analytic results to C-Level executives and below.
- Consistently collaborates with fellow data scientists and frequently interacts with business partners, project managers, cross-functional teams, key stakeholders, and other domains to build analytics capabilities and drive business value.
- Mentors and assists in technically supervising less experienced Data Scientists. Leads best practice sharing opportunities and knowledge of industry trends and innovations in data science.
- May also include other duties as needed such as design of experiments.
- This position requires a minimum of ten years of data science experience.
- Experience applying statistical techniques in 4+ business units or domains (marketing, pricing, supply chain, operations, etc.)
- Expertise in Machine Learning
- 10 years of programming experience in statistical software (for example Python, R, or SAS) and able to demonstrate proficiency at an expert level. Python is preferred
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources
- Ability to communicate complex analytics concepts and techniques to C-Level executives and below
- Ability to work collaboratively with other data scientists and multiple stakeholders across the business unit and with external partners
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for data and a results orientation
Master's degree in a quantitative field including, but not limited to, data science, analytics, and statistics, or related field