This Fort Worth-based industry leader has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Principal Cyber Security Engineer. This Engineering professional provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific, detailed information for technology selection, implementation, and deployment, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet program and product needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, proxies, load balancing, etc. Prepares appropriate documentation, including operational instructions, as part of overall product documentation. Applies Risk Management Framework to connect cyber security goals and objectives with technical solutions to support corporate products. It is expected that this position will require travel of approximately 25%.
- Complete & broad understanding of principles, concepts and techniques of cyber engineering. Applies extensive technical expertise and has good knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Connect cyber security goals and objectives with a technical solution
- Evaluate cyber security risk in the context of technical feasibility
- Exercises considerable latitude in meeting technical objectives of customer requirements.
- Development of detailed and specific technical recommendations for compliance and security improvements across industry verticals based on changing threats.
- May support business development and marketing activities, including conference presentations, articles, blogs, and customer meetings
- Supports development of proposed technical solutions. Recommends approaches for new or improved processes.
- Provides training and mentoring to more junior staff members. Demonstrates leadership qualities and acts as a role model. Contributes to cost/scope estimation.
- May lead functional tasks or projects.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact on contracts and projects, helping to develop customized cyber security technology solutions for customers
- Contribute to the development of organization's goals and objectives. Frequent interorganizational and outside customer contacts, including senior personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
- Network Engineering, Information Technology or relevant technical discipline required with advanced technical degree(s) preferred
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant experience is required with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the cyber security, embedded systems and/or related IT field
- Relevant development experience (Homeland Security and/or Defense Department experience preferred)
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CISSP or equivalent certification
- Familiarity with NIST Risk Management Framework and Cyber Maturity Model
- Certification standards, regulations, and control frameworks. Experience with
- Experience with Trusted Platform Modules, Multiple Independent Layers of Security, and Cross Domain Solutions implementation a plus
- Understanding of common network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing/switching protocols) and common exploits (e.g. buffer overflows, SQL injection)
- Hands-on experience with the following activities desired: penetration testing, incident response/forensics, software development, network security design/implementation,
- SIEM design/implementation, hardware security, vulnerability management or static/dynamic code analysis
- Ability to execute in a methodical manner to gather, document, and develop solutions to specific customer requirements
- A passion for cybersecurity engineering and willingness to constantly learn more
- Dedicated to continued professional development
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks in parallel
* Requires US Citizenship in order to obtain DOD Security Clearance.