Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Principal Cloud Engineer
Location: Atlanta Georgia 30309
Term: 4 month Contract to Hire
- Design of a secure Cloud Foundation, repeatable cloud patterns, templates, and/or accelerators to enable faster adoption of cloud services.
- Development of Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines to automate infrastructure provisioning.
- Development of process and code required to transform traditional workloads to modern architectures.
- Consult with application teams to develop an infrastructure design which is compliant with the architecture and standards of the Company. Ensure appropriate sizing of solutions, technology fit, and Disaster Recovery are assessed and accounted for.
- Provide technical mentoring and knowledge transfer to other Technology resources and promote an open culture.
- Participate in large scale and complex cloud service development programs.
- Consult, advice and facilitate the implementation of cloud practices and services.
- Promote, mentor and educate the client community on Cloud Adoption, Operating Guidelines/Principles, and Cloud Services/Solutions.
- Build a strong relationship and rapport with key stakeholders, including business partners, Application leads and other Infrastructure functions (Engineering, Operations, etc.).
- Technical leadership and exposure across a broad scale of tools, technologies, and architecture models.
- Ability to engage with technical members from other teams to collaborate on designs and specifications for cross-functional technical solutions.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in cloud and assigned business domain through networking, continuing education and industry/technology publications.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent years of direct experience.
- 5-7 years of public cloud engineering and adoption experience.
- 7+ years-experience engineering and implementing global enterprise solutions.
- In depth knowledge of AWS services such as IAM, EC2, S3, RDS, EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, Redshift, Sagemaker, Elasticsearch, Athena, Glue, Kinesis.
- Experience building Infrastructure as Code using CloudFormation and/or Terraform.
- Proficient in Python.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Bitbucket Pipelines or Jenkins.
- Experience in migrating applications to a cloud ready architecture.
- Experience in Containerization – Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience securing cloud applications, data and infrastructure.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect, or ability to pursue certification within 3 months of hire.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with big data analytics solutions.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!