Our client, a leading US retailer headquartered in the Phoenix, AZ area is in search of a Principal Business Analyst with 8+ years of experience leading requirement elicitation and executing on complex enterprise wide system implementations with an eye towards process innovation.
Requirement Elicitation, Enterprise System Implementation, Business Process Acumen, Salesforce.
Location: Will be required to be onsite in the Scottsdale, AZ location at least partially depending on business need in September.
Education/Experience Level: Bachelors Degree and 8+ years of applicable experience
The Principal Business Systems Analyst analyzes software, procedures and problems to automate new or enhance existing software applications/systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviews customers and writes detailed business and technical requirements (using industry best practices) based on a thorough understanding of customers’ software needs and the Company’s strategic goals.
- Records, maintains and manages customer software change requests within the Company’s tracking system.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
- Uses full technical knowledge of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Participates in Quality Assurance peer reviews of requirement and specification documents.
- Leads the analysis of tools and products for integration with our applications.
- Evaluates and understands Business Unit software needs and presents needs assessments and recommendations to improve workflow to management and programming staff.
- Adheres to established timelines, ticket guidelines and procedures for delivering quality solutions which are defect-free, meet Company and departmental standards and customer requirements.
- Facilitates meetings, conference calls and leads and/or coordinates training for customers.
- When appropriate, mentors personnel in the Information Technology Department.
- Maintains knowledge of industry software products and industry best practices.
- Acts as escalation point for complex Help Desk support calls.
- Acts as Project Manager on small projects when a PM is not assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of eight years of business analysis experience, including an advanced understanding of the software development life cycle, requirement modeling and process mapping techniques, standard operating systems, databases (DB2, SQL Server), non-relational file structures, system design, analysis, and development methodologies, and quality assurance testing methodologies.
- Experience preparing and/or executing business and technical requirements, specifications, user manuals, test plans, test scripts and test cases is also necessary.
- Experience managing small-to-medium projects
- A minimum typing speed of 35 wpm is required.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio is necessary.
- This position requires excellent communication, organizational, customer service and problem solving skills.