Position: Principal Application Security Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX 75201
Hourly Rate: $57.69/hr.
Term: 6 Months Contract
- Ensuring operational integrity of Global Cyber-Security Office DevSecOps container security platform.
- Define a sustainable plan for rolling out container/FaaS security tooling to our development teams through their entire application lifecycle; from their build stages, to protecting their runtime environments.
- Create knowledge-base and educational materials for our development teams regarding container/FaaS security.
- Construct standard policies, and rulesets for assessing, and protecting container/FaaS workloads.
- Establish guidance and provide support to teams for remediating identified vulnerabilities in their containers and functions.
- Have well founded opinions and be willing to express your disagreement when something doesn't pass the ‘smell test’ for you.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is it a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field of work
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience (equivalent work experience = 2 years’ of related experience for every year of higher level education).
- Advanced understanding of container and FaaS runtimes, layering, and security practices
- Strong experience with Kubernetes as well as managed deployments such as EKS and AKS
- Advanced understanding of container orchestration workload packaging such as Helm, Kustomize, etc.
- Advanced experience with either AWS or Azure
- Intermediate experience solutioning and working with one or more other cloud providers aside from AWS such as GCP, Alibaba, Azure
- Intermediate knowledge of Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform
- Advanced Linux systems administration experience or equivalent skills
- In-depth understanding of DevOps principles and CICD pipelines (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.)