Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Financial Analyst
Location: Atlanta Georgia 30309
Term: 12 months
- Review deal documents, prospectus and/or offering documents of various securities and understand the mechanics of valuations.
- Monitor weekly valuations received from vendors and brokers to analyze whether the price movement or changes in collateral make sense.
- Provide deep dive analysis of various fixed income securities where vendor prices differ over 2%.
- Offer peer leadership, mentoring and training for other analysts in product knowledge.
- Work with Assistant managers to ensure that daily tasks are completed by the team.
- Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge of existing and new investment valuation issues and provides subject matter expertise in complex fixed income securities such as insurance linked securities.
- According to established procedures, reviews and analyzes third party valuations received daily to ensure reliability.
- Assist in independent quality assessment of third party vendors.
- Develops and supports relationships with third party agents and pricing vendors to ensure reliability of complex investment valuations.
- Assists in the documentation and reporting of valuation issues to various Invesco Valuation Committees and Fund Boards.
- Answers queries from Invesco staff such as Fund Accountants, Compliance, Legal, internal and external auditors and Investments personnel.
- Assists in improving internal control procedures related to security valuation analysis and documentation.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the securities/investment industry is required with a working knowledge of fixed income securities, cash flow modeling, private equities, bank loans or other product valuations, controls and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or a related field is required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability required.
- CFA or CPA designation (or progress toward) is preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability.
- Must be able to utilize computer equipment and software at a proficient or advanced level that supports analysis and valuation of complex securities.
- Must have working knowledge of common market data services such as Bloomberg, Refinitive, ICE Vantage or MarkIT.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in a concise and informative manner.
Even better if you have:
- Valuation experience in insurance linked securities or private equities.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!